A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week, my sun roof started acting up and occasionally clicking. So, I ordered some new CNC aluminum gears from Essential Tech--who is a member here, but I forget his username. Had I known I'd have to take the motor out anyway, I'd have just ordered one of his refurb units with the metal gears in place.The install wasn't too bad once the map light console was down (harrowing!). After reinstallation,the sunroof wouldn't properly seal or reset (per manual instructions), so I made it so it was flush then disconnected the battery and tried the reset again. Everything seems fine now, mechanically.

The roof is a little louder and a little slower now, but I'd imagine that's due them being metal. They did seem to quiet somewhat with use.

The map light console's plastic rivet broke and the front metal support (?) is loose so it doesn't sit flush with the headliner anymore. I would guess a rivet can be found but I'd love any suggestions on how to tighten up that metal piece or otherwise make it sit flush.

As an aside, the packaging made me smile; I expected them to be loose:

Automotive tire Gear Font Circle Automotive wheel system
Font Engineering Machine Auto part Reflex camera

· Registered
Recovering BDSO
56 Posts
The map light console's plastic rivet broke and the front metal support (?) is loose so it doesn't sit flush with the headliner anymore. I would guess a rivet can be found but I'd love any suggestions on how to tighten up that metal piece or otherwise make it sit flush.
Ended up making a beefier spring clip to replace the existing one. PVC glue bonds to that plastic nicely, and most other plastics in the b15.

· Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In case anyone finds this helpful, my local Nissan dealership was able to order a package of ten standard clips (#84815-4Z013); the plastic rivet that goes in the sunglass case. US$0.98 each.

Ended up making a beefier spring clip to replace the existing one. PVC glue bonds to that plastic nicely, and most other plastics in the b15.
Thanks. The above plastic clip from Nissan helped a lot, and for the spring clip I only tried to squeeze it and the plastic into place. I'm afraid I'm not very handy and didn't feel confident gluing it, yet. 🐔

The console doesn't sit as good as new, but at least it's much better now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts