A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Last time I used it it sounded like it was stripping teeth and I had to help it close. Are you currently able to produce the gears if they are sent to you?
I will announce when I get some batches ready.
I am not currently taking orders. The availability is there, yes. I can make them, yes.
Just not yet.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
edit// the post i did 30 minutes ago was on wrong thread but was still relatable.

basically i cleaned drains and gonna order the gear kit.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
ViperVenom has sold these gears made from abs plastic from a 3d printer. It costs like 35$ after a core return or something like that. Search for the thread, should come up.

That plastic is cheap and will break again and again if you try and glue it together. Doesnt make sense to fab teeth yourself inaccurately and takes 40hrs. Dont spend 400$ to get a custom made set from germany that you have to wait 6 months for.

They are already here, I need them myself.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Didnt realize this was an old thread oops. Please lmk Viper. I forgot about them last run..

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i ordered this new gear set kit yesterday and has shipped today, will update on the "what did you do to your sentra" thread. will post pics and provide any fitment issues. I am just glad my motor and brain board works. vipervenoms etsy page not working/product unavail.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Didnt realize this was an old thread oops. Please lmk Viper. I forgot about them last run..
They are made of nylon 66 with 30% glass fiber fill, not ABS. The 3d printed versions never worked. Too weak.
I offered injection molded nylon derived from my 3d printed design for $35. Plus $30 core. Your gears or bushings will get you the 30 refunded. Or send yours in first.

I'd be glad to help you out Andrew.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
i ordered this new gear set kit yesterday and has shipped today, will update on the "what did you do to your sentra" thread. will post pics and provide any fitment issues. I am just glad my motor and brain board works. vipervenoms etsy page not working/product unavail.

Yeah, I took it down because I stopped production. I'm trying to develop metal gears.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yeah, I took it down because I stopped production. I'm trying to develop metal gears.

definitely let us know if you make the metal gears, you plan on cnc milled or sintered?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Yep. The sintering process uses super fine metal dust. Its sifted into the cavity (negative) and pressed under extreme pressure with a male of the cavity. After being ejected, its sent to an oven to be cured for several hours at a temp just below molten point, then slowly cooled as to not warp or crack.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Thats sweet. I actually looked up the process because Im a nerd like that.

Reactions: ViperVenom
41 - 53 of 53 Posts