A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a spec v and I am interested in getting it supercharged specifically running an m90 any ideas of how to do it or if there is a kit available. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Make a kit and people will buy them from you and then yours will be free ;)

The was a procharger kit. Super rare to find now. And it'll be used obviously.

Reactions: snoopSER

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
custom made is the only route nowadays, lol. one of my friends told me of a company called Kraftwerks that could piece together a centrifugal charger kit for us, but only if we express enough interest to justify the cobbling of such a kit.
@Nerdbot is running a C1a procharger on his Spec. should see how his is set up. pretty sweet.

I'd been toying around with the idea of an Eaton M90 charger poking up through the hood above where the intake is on our QRs. saw someone do it on a K20-swapped EG6 hatch, but the huge lump of a charger sitting at the nose didn't look too pretty.

only issue would be retaining the strut bar, since the strut bar hovers right above our intake plenums. . .

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
custom made is the only route nowadays, lol. one of my friends told me of a company called Kraftwerks that could piece together a centrifugal charger kit for us, but only if we express enough interest to justify the cobbling of such a kit.
@Nerdbot is running a C1a procharger on his Spec. should see how his is set up. pretty sweet.

I'd been toying around with the idea of an Eaton M90 charger poking up through the hood above where the intake is on our QRs. saw someone do it on a K20-swapped EG6 hatch, but the huge lump of a charger sitting at the nose didn't look too pretty.

only issue would be retaining the strut bar, since the strut bar hovers right above our intake plenums. . .
I too have been thinking about a M90 S/C build as well, I won't do it myself but I know someone to help put it together, money & a few other things are holding me back but once I get going I'll keep the community informed.

Reactions: NekoTaks

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The way I was thinking of doing one was to have the M90 mounted behind the motor just under the plenum, route a pipe over the trans to a same-side intercooler up front, then route that back through a cai pipe (2JR pipe, probably?) and into the intake plenum. the Eaton setup doesn't require much. Or, at least, the unit I was looking at.

Another option would be a Toyota 3RZ supercharger (no joke, a friend told me this) for the 00-04 Toyota Tacoma 3RZ. Fab up adapters for the tb and intake ports, add a pulley system, and bolt it on right where the plenum is supposed to sit. No intercooler needed, just an intake pipe.

·
39,069 Posts
I know that they make a kit for the KA: http://www.ka24der.com/

I am no expert, but the way the runners are on the KA is similar to those on the QR.

So as snoop said, with some money and time, there should be a way to get this done.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
someone should hit them up to see if they're willing to work with 2JR to get a kit out based on theirs for the QR AND still retain the use of a strut brace.
Good idea...however I think Joe didn't like the whine of a supercharger & scrapped his...could still be worth a shot tho. :fingersx:

·
39,069 Posts
Doesn't the procharger have a whine to it also?

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Its the constant off throttle blow off that annoys Joe. And they just rebuilt that pro charger. They didn't make that kit. That car was already supercharged and now belongs to @ItoSer02-05's wife.

Pretty sure 2j doesn't make a kit only because it makes more sense cost vs benefit to go turbo. But....if we came up with a cheap charger option................

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
There was someone who actually asked about this in the "Parts 2j could sell us" thread, involving getting an Eaton M90 off a junkyard car (which sucks for me, 'coz Kauai hasn't had a junkyard for the last several years - thanks, Obama) and buying an adapter kit made by 2JR.

The KA24DE-r kit mentioned above seems to be the closest option. But their kits utilize the X-Terra M62, which seems less common than the M90 off of GM cars.

I still hold onto my idea of the 00-04 3RZ Toyota supercharger, though. Doesn't even have to be a TRD unit, either.

I wonder if I can see if the machine shop here is willing to mill me an adapter for that 3RZ charger. . .just needa find me a 3RZ charger and other components. Do superchargers require the same ignition, injection, and electrical mods as the turbo guys?

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
Its the constant off throttle blow off that annoys Joe. And they just rebuilt that pro charger. They didn't make that kit. That car was already supercharged and now belongs to @ItoSer02-05's wife.

Pretty sure 2j doesn't make a kit only because it makes more sense cost vs benefit to go turbo. But....if we came up with a cheap charger option................

The constant blow off is easily solved with a quieter blow off valve. I went through 3 before I found one I liked, and you could barely hear it, even when popping off at 14psi. Cost of the charger is another issue though...

·
39,069 Posts
What ignition mods are you talking about?

It seems as if the hardest and most expensive part of a super charger build is the charger itself.

We already have the tuning and injection down. The braces are not hard to make and fab up, but the charger is another independent story because there can't be a one brace fits all like a turbo manifold.

But on a positive note, we're making head way on a plenum, so maybe we could push this along as well.

Reactions: snoopSER

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
The constant blow off is easily solved with a quieter blow off valve. I went through 3 before I found one I liked, and you could barely hear it, even when popping off at 14psi. Cost of the charger is another issue though...
Yes exactly.

Just that specific car annoyed Joe.

Pretty sure cost of charger and that the kit would be specific to a certain one is why they don't make us a kit.

The annoyance isn't really part of the reason at all.

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
I'd still run a Rotrex unless there was a feasible manifold mounted SC but then again there is the 2J adapter that can be used for a better foundation to start with.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Surely the only way to go would be a manifold mounted SC ?
I thought having any length of piping between the SC and the manifold would introduce problems of slow boost-bleed through the bypass valve when off-throttle and the same slight "turbo lag" effect on-throttle, though not as bad because it would not have to spool up with RPM.

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
I don't think there's ever been a manifold mounted supercharged b15. There are numerous supercharged b15 cars around however.

I do think the Pathfinder hybrid has a manifold mounted charger, but.....not an option for us. Way Way different.

Pretty sure we'd need custom manifolds to come with a kit if we wanted that style charger. And the costs are already crazy high without custom manifolds.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
Surely the only way to go would be a manifold mounted SC ?
I thought having any length of piping between the SC and the manifold would introduce problems of slow boost-bleed through the bypass valve when off-throttle and the same slight "turbo lag" effect on-throttle, though not as bad because it would not have to spool up with RPM.
there are several runs on video [on site]
showing sc cars running against substantial vehicles

none of this seems apparent
[in the videos]

i only witnessed one.
unfortunately, it was the loudest racket i had heard in a long time,
a 671 sounded good in comparison

so it did turn us off

but your right
joe had the mounts at a reasonable cost

but add new SC
sticker shock for me

however, i know for a fact this s/c car, idling below
is running competitively on the drag strip
and doing very well in the points race, she is involved in

for comparison
understand most people think my car is LOUD

·
Registered
201 Posts
B4 I even saw this post today I was doing some research my self, even called procharger directly and it turns out they still sell the super charger but not the bracket you mounted to, so I called 2j n spoke to Brock and asked him about it and he said that that's basically the only thing you'll need to get it going, of course you'll have to make your own kit but the mount bracket it self is the hardest thing to get so if anybody out here knows someone that can make them for us! SIGN ME IN

Also forgot to mention that the guy in procharger said that the bracket was made by a separate company and since its been so long since they made those he didn't remembered what company it was , if anybody knows someone that can help us out with that I'm in

1 - 20 of 114 Posts