A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kind of curious about something. I'm sure this is an answer that's been played out more than the last Luke Bryan album. But I wanted to know why it seems no-one has ever offered a roots style supercharger system for the QR25DE. I read somewhere where Nissan had the QR25DE-R, but it was more or less a hybrid system that wasn't much of an improvement. I do know that the intake is on the backside which can cause a fitment issue, but I almost would think that a small roots style similar to maybe a Cobalt or SSEI would work well. I'm not finding any cases that seem recent so that's why the new thread was created.

I'm not going to do it myself...supercharging from scratch as a DIY system often isn't worth it compared to a turbo kit like Treadstone or something like that after it's all said and done. I'm just more or less wondering if it was a fitment issue, or if it was a reliability issue of some sort.

·
Super Moderator
5,082 Posts
Space, cost... and for the b16 it wasn't as sought after as it was for the b15. The 16 doesn't have a ps pump so it would be easier.

The only die hard attempt I know of is on allsentra attempting to use the qr25de-r as you stated before.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Space, cost... and for the b16 it wasn't as sought after as it was for the b15. The 16 doesn't have a ps pump so it would be easier.

The only die hard attempt I know of is on allsentra attempting to use the qr25de-r as you stated before.

Do you know whatever happened with that? I read it about a month or two ago when I inquired about turbocharging my Spec, but the website stopped working soon after so I'm assuming that the page is dead. I'm not doing it myself, I was just curious if there was anyone ''in the know'' whom may have had some sort of industry insider, or possible knew an engineer that could have shed light on it. The more and more I look into the Sentra Spec line up, the more I'm disappointed in the aftermarket because it seems that outside of a couple specialized shops who may or may not be in business anymore...there's really not a whole lot that doesn't require completely custom parts.

But thanks for the information.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have an Eaton M90 I'm looking at fitting to my QR25DE in my Xtrail to give me more low-end torque for 4WDing.
Just getting the engine sorted out, replacing a stretched timing chain and fitting a block guard first but it's going to be a tricky process for me as my brake master cylinder and reservoir is on the crank pulley side of the engine in the way of the supercharger drive belt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts