A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Though not a Nissan, this is still a topic most of you would probably be very experienced with.

My son wants to put coilovers onto his AE112R Toyota Corolla and at the same time I want to replace all the underbody bushings as the car is almost 20 yr old with 105k miles.

Which bushings are best - Rubber or Poly ?
I read Delrin are too hard and Poly suffers from squeak if not lubricated regularly or at install.

With Coilovers, some have pillow ball mounts which also can pop and grind if not lubricated regularly or at install.

I would appreciate your individual experiences with each or any.
Thanks,
Kev.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
What bushings exactly are you looking to replace? Polys are great you just have to cake it with a good quality grease meant for poly mounts. I actually just got a 8oz tub of energy suspension grease last week from amazon. If its a bushing that doesnt move or flex (like a control arm bushing), I would def use poly mounts especially if looking for any upgrade. But yes over time it will develop a slight squeak if its a part that moves alot. Stay away from delrin.

Ive never had to regrease a coilover and I have had many sets. All pillowball mount. Popping comes from lower quality coils where the mount binds or the spring moves (KSport). BC coils do not make noise. I thought it was a nylon mount anyways that doesnt need lube?

·
Super Moderator
5,469 Posts
Go with your local bushings from Super Pro, best bushings I have used unless you want close to oem but hard then...what were they called, Hard Racing???....I don't remember.

Not sure what there is for coilovers but basic ones should have a reduced maintenance cycle.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Sus Spec
All the underbody bushings including control arms, trailing arms and sway bar mounts. Also doing the ball joints and tie rod ends, so the complete kit.
@CrickiKaze
We won't be tracking the car so the HardRace bushes are over the top for what we want.
I've looked at the SuperPro bushes and from their instructional videos seem the best poly bushes out there.

Do any of you know or had experience with Nolathane bushings ?

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Same here. Poly is tried and true.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts