A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody get their airbag recall done?

Finally got mine done a few weeks ago. I wanted to maker sure they get stock of the "new" design and don't replace with the same shit design that's been recalled. I'm still getting snail mail about it, though.

I know there is an older thread, but there probably should be a sticky on this one with a clear headline about what it is. So this post is a suggestion.

Here's the why:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-takata-air-bag-recall/index.htm

·
Registered
575 Posts
I've gotten the snail mail but haven't done it yet. I just haven't built up enough of a trust between me and the local dealership to have them fiddling with my car. They'll grumble about having to do warranty. Then do it as fast as they can and might break something knowingly or not. Then back and forth BS occurs. Or give me a hassle about the number of non-stock things that are in the engine bay.

With my mechanic I'm right there shooting the shit with him while he does his thing, so I know exactly what's up. But I don't think he's authorized to do recall things.

·
Registered
257 Posts
It takes like 10 mins and the tech gets paid like 1.5 hrs to do it so they are actually happy to do them. And I took my VQ swapped spec in and they didn't even know it wasn't stock.

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
I took mine to the dealer last year for it. With it running off the race pipe shoulda seen the looks I got lol. They didn't say a word about it and all they do is remove your glove box to check it. Even git a free wash but the kid did a shit job washing it

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
Got mine done last summer, was rather funny, actually, I stood outside the shop and watched them (this is pre-turbo, so it could have been better) Anyway, the tech walked around the outside, looked in the windows, race seats and harness bar, 4 point harness, Redline wheel, shift boot and console cover, etc... then went and opened the hood, stared for about 5 minutes, walked around the car again and finally got to work on the airbag. all in all, he wasted about 15 minutes of his labor time just looking, and he wasn't the only one, he left the hood up and several of the other techs came by to look.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I got my done they got in 10 mins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts