A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of us have been at the cross roads, most several times even with out having another car on the side and just looking to get a replacement or just plain getting rid of it and others regardless hold on to it...

I haven't driven the Spec in over maybe 4 years so the only thing I was able to play with was my GSXR and for a while my efforts was to get the Spec running again, then comes along a unicorn of the RS4 and once again I feel good having a car and it not being the wife's Versa. I barely touch the bike since I'm still having that new car learning.

It has popped into my head to sell the Spec since the cost of some of the modding is quite expensive on the RS4 neither though I'm not looking to go all out on it and most of what I've done is maintenance with possible a big job coming up later is a timing refresh(for reference it has FOUR chains and I plan on replacing the cam gears which all of them can PHASE). The one time I'm not contemplating selling it out of frustration and it is irritating to say the least since I want the RS to be a good daily/family hauler with an edge.

So much still to do with the Spec with an opportunity to make it more of what I want it to be with down time I wouldn't have to worry about, and lets face it, I can't wait to drive it again. I'm sure once I get it back that the RS will be on a hiatus for a while pending on what CARB Nazis have to say.

I have no real desire to sell it, I've lived by the motto(self proclaimed) "that the only way I get rid of my vehicles is if its stolen or totaled and never sold" and I still believe that but this nagging is so annoying and I don't initiate the thoughts myself, they just pop up as I said. Even if I did sell it I would get what I would ask for it since it is a 14 year old car...

The means are there for me to keep it even if some of it is a temporary headache which I'm fine with, even with the total of three "projects" it doesn't deter me since there was some sort of plan.

Honestly I'm venting more in this in a thought it will help curb the idea and thought others could input there...eh...own issues as well since I know people are there. This might be a good spot.

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
I've thought about selling mine on several occasions, but never seriously, as you said, I would never get my asking price. Since I got the build done, it seems to have been a money pit, but a very fun one to drive. I can understand how it feels tho, several cars I have sold over the years I have always regretted. 65 Mustang GT, 69 Mustang Mach 1, 86 IROC Camaro, 65 Camaro, 73 Charger, etc etc... Usually all thoughts of selling go away after a spirited back roads run tho!

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
i go thru this every year
every rebuild

many new cars come with launch control
and handling computers

came real close when the new nismo came out
and
would love a 4wd toy or dirt bike here in the sticks

however,one roll on
changed all that