A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had an easy night at work, so I decided to drive the spec on the truck scales. Pretty happy with the results. I'll spell out some specifics first then do some calculations.

03 sentra se-r spec v
non abs
non sunroof
gutted trunk w/ custom 10" sub, box, and amp
removed rear bumper
17lb. BuddyClub P1 sf wheels
~1/2 tank of gas
empty windsheild washer tank, a gal. of water is 8.36 lbs. for the record.
various brackets, bolts, and panels removed (i.e. evap canister shield, front bottom splash guards, exhuast heat shields., etc.)
full interior plus a forward facing car seat.

Gross weight=2,660lbs. or 1,207kgs.

Now when I hit the 1/8mi track soon I will remove the sound system and rear seats. I will attempt to weigh it again to see my actual track weight.

Also, the gas will be less as well. Now the weight of fuel is dependant on 2 things. 1) the grade of gas and 2) the temperature. According to the U.S. department of Energy, gas typically is around 6.2-6.5 lbs. per gallon, ethanol weighs 6.59 lbs. The temperature will cause the gas to be more dense at colder temperatures and less dense with higher temperatures. 72* is the standard temp for most of the calculations I found.

So I am going to say at a little more than half a tank I should be at about 7.6 gal. (13.2/2=6.6 gal is half a tank, +1 gallon=7.6) and the temp when I track will surely be in the 90's because it's the dirty south and IT'S HOT! So I will elect to use a lower fuel weight of 6.2 lbs. I will have to have some gas for the track so I will assume I can run about 1 gallon in the tank and get plenty of runs plus make it across the street when I'm done to fuel up.

So 7.6-1=6.6 gallons x 6.2 lbs. =40.92 lbs. I can shed by running my tank empty.

My total weight of 2,660 - 40.92= 2,619.08
Minus the seats and box 2,619.08 - 50 lbs.? = 2,569.08

Pretty decent for a sedan with full interior minus seats.

On the scales

The weight

Please post up your weights and setups!

·
Registered
685 Posts
sunroof? abs?

this would be a really nice thread to get going but i doubt there's enough people that can/will weigh their cars. If mine ever moves again ill try and get the weight of a stripped down car.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Added pics.

sunroof? abs?

this would be a really nice thread to get going but i doubt there's enough people that can/will weigh their cars. If mine ever moves again ill try and get the weight of a stripped down car.
Blue02 has access to scales I know. I can weigh anybody who will drive to Cartersville.

Why did u take off your bumper ?
Why not? If I get rear ended I'm fuked anyways. It was 10 free lbs.

2660 lbs with you in the car or without?
Without me in the car.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
plenty of people can do it! just go to the local gravel pit at night. they leave the scales open around here.

ill put up a few
iirc we got a spec with sunroof, nats (sound system), and abs down to ~2540 with 135-140lbs driver, a little less then half tank of gas on the gauge, gutted trunk, removing the back seats and passenger seat, sound deadener removed, and minor wire tuck

·
Registered
685 Posts
hmm this thread makes me very optimistic about what mine will weight when done:

major wire removal, all sound deadener , most of rf sound system, abs, ac, powersteering, rear interior, trunk, most of rear deck metal, rear doors gutted, crash bars, evap

·
Registered
635 Posts
mine was 2150 with out me in it and 1/4 tank of gas. mine is gutted and when i mean gutted i mean gutted. im hoping to remove more weight from it. want it down to 2100 or less. ill get some pics up of the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A 2006 post in B15sentra.net :)

My 2001 Sentra SE No P/P with SR20DE+T.

2737 lbs without driver and tank half full. I really happy with that result if i check all the stuff that on the car (turbo, intercooler and 3'' exhaust piping...)

On my registration, they list it at 2682 lbs...so around 50 lbs less than mine...

With driver:

The cross weight is really good, (front right / rear left) 50.8% and the front/ rear ratio is 60.9% (front) and 39.4 (rear)

and the balance right/left is 50.6 % (left with driver)

The spare was off and my battery is already relocate in the rear.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
This thread is coming together nicely. I couldn't believe how light the b15 chassis was. A lot of the compact 4 doors (wrx, civic sedan, srt-4) are borderline 3,000lbs., some even over that (some accords, vw golf)

The curb weight on the QG18DE-engined Sentra is 2,513 lbs. (wikipedia).
The curb weight on the SE-R Spec V is 2,743 lbs. (modernracer.com)

I can't confirm if that includes a sunroof, but it mentioned the abs and rockford system being optional so I will assume they are not included in that weight.

Anyone with a bone stock spec v or se-r feel free to give us a standard curb weight (weight with all fluids filled to capacity, oil, brake, clutch, fuel, windshield wiper fluid). Then we can really compare.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Doesn't it say the curb weight on the side of the door? Don't know how accurate that is though..
That's the GVWR gross vehicle weight rating iirc. I think if you can find in the manual what the maximum amount of cargo weight is you can subtract it from the GVWR and it will be the curb weight.

·
Registered
265 Posts
my auto se-r weighs in at 2553 with half a tank of gas and a 200 lb driver
lf 828 rf 821 lr 458 rr 446 puts cross weight at lf+rr 49.9% and rf+lr 50.1%
:) big ass smiley

·
Registered
26,956 Posts

1/4 tank of gas, it was 3048 with my subwoofer in. lol.
no abs, sunroof, full lip kit, stock wheels in the back, 95 altima 15's with slicks in front, two amps, full interior. and i weigh ~155-160

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I can honestly say from past experience, your ride quality slowly deteriorates when you remove items from your car. I once had a Honda with no heat, ac, or defrost. It was hell commuting in coveralls. Seriously.

1 - 20 of 258 Posts