A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

58361 - 58380 of 58402 Posts

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
It was off some kid that wrecked his spec, couldn't keep it on the road....
Lol then some guy that can keep it on the road must of got it and let it collect dust with all there other shit hmm

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
It took some pulling teeth to get it!
O I bet. Especially when you're dealing with a person that Hoards parts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
So I was coming upon the last stuff needed to get my high comp beast on the road. Hit a snag, got some rot in cylinder one and some bad pitting. Boreover might work, but I just got a killer deal from Darton to re-sleeve the block

It feels like overkill to sleeve a na block but still, maybe raise compression to 12.5:1 on forged pistons? Add a hundred shot of nitrous?

Thoughts?
I will just have you know that sleeving a block is not cheap so get atleast a complete quote first. I think mine was alittle less than $2k. But, it can be a block that lasts forever for multiple builds over time and can take almost any abuse especially all motor. The head is more likely to fail. A plus is that Darton leaves the deck of the cylinder walls 0.002'-0.005" (I used 0.002") taller for extra head gasket insurance. Imo its not necessary for the na but can be a confident long term block with no mechanical worries, as long as a blown tune doesnt gash walls. Still need other internals for high compression nitrous too.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Daily, I car pool, and live close enough to ride my bicycle to work, have a 12 Altima (for the misses) and this will be a run and gun special. Once it's done, I'll be picking up a z for twin turbo build, and this will remain daily. Eventually it'll go to hpde, but will stay in full street mode, maybe a light cage, but will remain all motor. (I don't mind is being ricey, loud, or no power through the city just cruising, it's part of the charm of the engine set up.)

Currently has 11.5:1 compression, I have a full ported and polished head, fully rebuilt with rz cams, springs, ti retainers, and fresh valves, ready to be bolted in, and have a hedman full race header, 3" stromung exhaust.
That would be a wild ride to have. DId I miss a build thread?

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
That would be a wild ride to have. DId I miss a build thread?
He already has the block sleeved if I remember correctly

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
Gay.......site forced a password reset for my password being 366 days old..........:thinking:

This Fort Knox stuff needs to stop. It's ridiculous the level of security here. Is the CIA using our site for secret communication or something? :lmao:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Water left sitting in the cylinder for over a year. Went to hone to clean it up, got some good scoring til I noticed the pitting. I can bore over but I like a nice thick sidewall with this motor.

I'm reaching out to see if I can get some custom forged 12.5:1 pistons made. I'm running joes 11.5:1 with h beams and a knife edged crank, as well as a 9lb flywheel and stage 3 clutch.

The head is fresh, and hasn't been installed yet.

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
Well this happened yesterday

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
What happened?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Pretty much traffic came to a stop and the kid was doing about 60 and on snapchat not paying attention

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
geez man...

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
Terrible :(

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
Well things got worse for me. Turns out the ppl haven't had insurance since 2017! Would love to know how the fuck they got away with this. So I might just be getting rid of everything. If I do this there will be a big for sale post if I decide to go this way

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Wtf!

58361 - 58380 of 58402 Posts