A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother discovered a great deal for a Altima SE-R. Has anyone here have any feedback or driven one before? I'm debating of getting it and possibly selling my prestine 1.8S (165K miles). I would like a G37 coupe anyday but right now want to avoid getting a loan.

I dont think I want to deal with turbo ($$$=not so much HP) and/or swapping.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
get and don't look back. my brother has a 6th gen maxima and even though it's heavier than the alti, it still hauls and gets 30 mpg on the freeway.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i hav a 02 max with the 3.5 6speed... i had a specv and its so much better i think....so comfy and faster ... u will not regret the alti

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have a friend with an Altima SE-R 6speed, also have a friend with an 03 Maxima 3.5 6spd, they are not any faster than my bolted SpecV. All 3 pulling from a light stay nose to nose.

But they are stock so if they started modding they would kill me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking at the Altima from the pics my brother showed me; it need some cleaning up inside, doesn't even have the original rims :/ but who cares. If it starts up when I visit, then I'm thinking of taking it. For the amount of time and dedication I put into my B15, I'm sure I can make a grumpy old Altima shine once more :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, got some bad news....the Altima SE-R my brother looked at was a piece of crap to the 5th power! Engine needed to be replaced, bumperes where diffrent shade of car, and the OEM rims were replaced with some hidious chrome 17s!

Anyways, just found out I'm leaving to Japan. No more point to but a car and not be able to take it with me. The QG18 will live on.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Well, got some bad news....the Altima SE-R my brother looked at was a piece of crap to the 5th power! Engine needed to be replaced, bumperes where diffrent shade of car, and the OEM rims were replaced with some hidious chrome 17s!

Anyways, just found out I'm leaving to Japan. No more point to but a car and not be able to take it with me. The QG18 will live on.

Buy a skyline in japan! lol. Gunna say i love my SE-R its pretty sleeper lol. I have ran with some pretty fast cars and suprised a few people.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Speaking of foriegn cars, I saw a Nissan Almera here around our base! It belongs to one of the Germans stationed here. Looks like a B14 counterpart!

·
Registered
790 Posts
maybe find a sick ass 240 then? lol. my buddy said when he was stationed in japan he bought a skyline for only like 12k USD and it was fast as fuck lol.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
maybe find a sick ass 240 then? lol. my buddy said when he was stationed in japan he bought a skyline for only like 12k USD and it was fast as fuck lol.
True, if I can find a work around :).....Sentra--->Skyline= shuttle rocket!

·
Registered
87 Posts
i have and altima se-r 6 speed, and its awesome rides great, and the vq is nice too!!! sofar i just purchased a greddy exhaust, and debating if i want coilovers or lowering springs...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts