A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, All.
My name is Gabe. I just picked up an Sunburst Yellow 05 Spec V with 81K.
This is my third b15 Spec V. I also owned an orignal 93 SE-R.
My new Spec V (new to me) has been the one that has eluded me for sometime, I have always pined after the Yellow ones.
I had an 05 Silver Spec V and an 02/03? Black Spec V. (I consider this one my R33 of the group as I disliked it the most,
burned so much oil and a few other issues)
Though my current one I have not owned long so no gaurantees that it will favor any better. I assume it will, Body is very well taken care of, super clean inside also.
I will say though, the gear box can be a little finiky at times. It is not very smooth. I remember my last ones were not great, especially when compared to civic manuals.
I remember they were notchy not as smooth and engaging as Civic Si or Acura TSX Transmissions.
My current Spec V can be hesitant to get into its gear at times especially if its cold.
I hope the Syncros aren't Gone or my Clutch is going.
Over all the body is great and I am happy with it I would just like the tranny to shift a little better.
I have had a chance to get a Couple of the b16 second gen Spec Vs I am just not as attracted to them as I am the B15.
I like that they rev higher and there is more internal differences between that car and the altima's QR25 to handle more power.
I also like they are safer cars from what I understand and larger dimmensions inside though I have never been a big fan of the outside, looks to bloated.
Also the stearing wheel, it likes like a steering wheel from a bus and the sifter placement. All that being said, I have never owned one so I might have actually liked.
Lol bit of a long intro with my two cents.
Anyway nice to meet you all out from Kern County in Cali!

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Super clean bruh. I'd reccomend doing a clutch job and you might get some cleaner shifts.

Theres also a short shifter from 2j (I happen to have one for sale) and a nicer kit from Axxition.

IMO they help clean up the slop and well, make shorter throws. I've also made some sdjustments to my shift mechanism, and am looking into developing a billet shifter replacement (with optional lockout) but I digress.

This is the cleanest fourteen year old sunburst spec I have come across, and I owned two.

Great find good sir.

Any plans on modifications or you enjoying as is?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, both.
I might end up having to.
What clutch kit would you recommend?
Thank you, quite the cuincidance the gentleman who sold me the car gave me that exact same short shifter kit mentioning the 2j was highly rated on these forums.
What adjustments did you make to your shift mechanism.
You've had two sunburst spec Vs? Now that is dope!
Thank you!

As of right now possibly looking into just a header to eliminate the pre-cat concerns, though I live in California so SMOG will definitely factor into that depending on the avaialable solutions.
I saw a turbo kit on sentra nation for 1500 which seemed like a decent price with all that was included but goes back to smog issues

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts