A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
So hopefully with everyone else's input you have been able to resole your concern, however if not I can give you my own $0.02 from experience with my spec. The rpm jump sound like throttle debris or possibly a dead spot in you MAF which would take a small amount of diagnosis to confirm. If a throttle relearn does not clear this up after a throttle body cleaning then you may have to dive a little deeper. The extended crank issue is actually related to the fuel pump pressure regulator. The system is a return-less fuel system which means fuel pressure is regulated in the fuel pump module (located in the fuel tank) and the desired pressure is sent out to the fuel rail. In many cases the regulator will leak or fail causing a failure to maintain a consistent fuel pressure when cranking the vehicle, however will allow the vehicle to run if capable of starting as the fuel pump will stay running after vehicle ignition. The fuel pump will only "prime" when the ignition is placed in the KOEO position. I have this same issue with my spec currently and am reluctant to repair it as I plan on upgrading the fuel pump and regulator later when designing a return fuel system. Hope the community info sends you in the right direction. Stay tuned....

21 - 21 of 21 Posts