A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is planing on upgrading the throttle system on my sister car which is a 2000 sentra GXE it has the cable going to the throttle body and want's put a dive by wire system in to it what will he need to do this

·
39,045 Posts
I am not sure entirely, but it would take alot of rewiring as the ecu would now need to control the the throttle and I don't think that the stock gxe ecu does, seeing that you said it's cable controlled.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
My dad is planing on upgrading the throttle system on my sister car which is a 2000 sentra GXE it has the cable going to the throttle body and want's put a dive by wire system in to it what will he need to do this
as for this, in short it pretty much cant be done. and before you say anything is possible, well yes it is BUT the cost associated with doing it will probably be more than the car is worth.
Why would some one want to go from a tried and true cable system to a more complicated, expensive and questionably reliable system???

·
Registered
152 Posts
well mine is the electric throttle body and i really hate it when letting off after revving and things that associate with the floating revs but i can deal with it...it responds so well with down shifting and hitting it when coming up on someone that wants to run :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts