A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a guide for tie rod removal? I'm going to be honest here... the FSM is consfusing as shit. Also, the ball joint on the outer tie rod can rotate freely. Is it done for?

here's a video

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
when you set up the video in YouTube make sure you select public. im pretty sure it defaults to private

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
does anyone have a guide for tie rod removal? I'm going to be honest here... the FSM is consfusing as shit. Also, the ball joint on the outer tie rod can rotate freely. Is it done for?

here's a video

pretty straght forward unbolt nut a good wack w hammer on outer part of where the tie rod ball goes through and it will pop off. Loosen the locking nut on the threaded /adjusting end and take it off. if you carefully measure the distance on previous one you can get pretty close to aligned.

·
Registered
547 Posts
i had to torch both sides to remove because it was stuck

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
How about removal of the inner tie rid?

The tie rod looks pretty normal... You can get them from autozone or what ever for about $15 a piece, so it's pretty cheap. But keep in mind, they may not be as long as the OEM ones. So if you try replacing them with the autozone ones without going in for an alignment, you're gonna need to take a moment and do a little math.

One trick I learned is to spray the tie rod and the threading it's on with some kind of spray paint. So when you go to remove it and put the new one in, you know exactly where to stop to avoid going in for an alignment. If you use non OEM end's, you'll just need to get the little joint thing in the same position as the OEM one was, if that makes sense.

It wouldn't hurt to change these out.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts