A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....so I got stuck with some horrible rubber. I'll skip the saga. Anyway for various reasons we sometimes end up skimping on tires. People often ask for opinions on what tires to buy on the forum. We tend to suggest awesome tires that usually, but definitely not always, are expensive. There are sometimes reasons other than cost that we end up with crap tires. So I figured we could share what tires you Should NOT buy No Matter What. No need to post good tires, but go ahead cause I know you will anyway. But DO NOT buy these tires. Worst tires ever on my car.

Primewell Valera Sport AS

They suck. Horrendous sidewall flex. Terrible wet traction. Do NOT buy them.

For comparison Primewell PZ900 tires were Much Better tires if you ever had those. They suck hard too, but were a Far Superior tires as far as dry and wet traction. I have had a lot of tires. I haven't really had any expensive tires (about to though). But I must say Primewell is not a good tire. I had some bad Falken tires once, but these Valera Sport Primewell tires are phenomenally bad tires that don't belong on any car that goes over 50mph or ever drives in the rain.

Spend the extra money. Do NOT buy Primwell Valera Sport tires No Matter What!!!!!!!

You don't need $125 tires but you do need a better tire than this.

So b15 community......post up crappy tires and why you shouldn't buy them.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I wish my tires were that cheap but then again you get what you pay for and we all know how most sentra owners don't want to pay to play the game. BDSO!

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I meant to say you don't necessarily need $125+ tires.

But you probly Should buy at least $100 tires.

And here's what Not to buy.

People have different needs. Different uses/different power output (traction demands). You can post horrible track day tires or horrible DD tires. Either way. Same point. Post bad tires for whatever use. Its easier to find a good tire than to find out what not to buy in a pinch.

(Lesson learned about cheap tires. Soon to be rolling on BFG comp2 $109......to some still a cheap tire)

I buy cheap tires but expensive whiskey :cool2: no track use/practically stock whp....DD

Don't drink and drive!!!! I don't..... don't worry (these Valera Sport tires are about as dangerous though)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
lemme add my experience with Hercules tires.

when I bought my Spec last year, I ended up having to buy two front tires 'coz one was slowly but continuously losing air, and the other ended up getting a bubble in the sidewall after I climbed a curb.

on the cheap, I bought a pair of Hercules Raptis WR-1 tires for $89 each, if I remember correctly.

only decent in the dry, very bad in the wet. every time it rained I'd hydroplane at 30mph if I hit a puddle just right. and I'd get a lot of sidewall flex when cornering, which meant amplified understeer.

on another note the decent grip made chirping tires in second fairly easy. and fun x3

I've heard these tires also dry rot easily after six months, but I've yet to see that myself, and I've had then for over a year at this point.

my only plus for them is that they're veeery quiet tires. much quieter than the Bridgeys I still have in the rear.

planning on replacing all four tires with Kuhmo Ecsta XSs once I find a dealer on island.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
we all make this mistake

finishing up my vq project with decent tires
became a problem financially

i had previous good experience with KUMO tires
[on the solara]

tire rack had 225/45/17 KUMO, ASTs on sale for 69 dollars
they looked good

but
terrible in the rain