A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so the state of Tennessee is officially underwater and there are several members here that live in TN, myself included.

Anyone out there post up pictures of the flooding and let us know what's going on in your part of the state. Also I believe there are 8 deaths as a result from the tornadoes and excessive flooding so while we may be worried about our cars, we have to remember there is a loss of life and to keep their families in our thoughts.

Just heard from the news there are an unconfirmed number of touchdowns and possible tornadoes over the last 2 days with 43,000 people without power. The National Guard is out everywhere keeping an eye out on the dams and I-65, I-40, I-24 and several major highways and airports are shutdown indefinitely. There are reports of fish swimming across I-40.FOXNews.com - Weekend storms, flooding kill 6 across Tennessee, 3 in Miss.; more severe weather expected

The campus over at TSU in Cookeville is flooded, saw where the dean of the college is using a canoe to get around. Now as for me I live in Murfreesboro at the MTSU campus which is about 20 miles southeast of Nashville, The 1st floor of my dorm building is underwater and we can't leave. So everyone post up and let us know what's up.

First pic is Gallatin on Hwy 31, 2nd pic is my dorm building, 3rd is I-40?, 4th is Waverly elementary school, 5th pic ?, 6th pic is a log under the hwy, 7th pic is the Lebanon square, 8th is a classic car not sure where and the last pic is I-24.

·
Registered
413 Posts
thats crazy

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's been raining since 12:30 yesterday morning and is supposed to continue until 5 am Monday. News 5 mentioned we've gotten 30% of our yearly rain average in 2 days. Pretty crazy pictures so far, saw on the news where a portable classroom was floating down the interstate but I can't get the picture because its copyrighted or something.

On a good note, the spec v driver in the picture wisely decided not to attempt driving through the water.

Here's a dramatic rescue on I-24 just to give everyone an idea of how bad and high the water is. This is almost statewide by the way.

·
Registered
226 Posts
my grandparents might be coming to live with us for a few weeks since they got some flood damage....i hate my grandparents

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Damn that is CRAZY!

I really hope everything gets better soon

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
best of luck to all the TN people .whats going on in this world ?
I thought the same thing with all the snow NY and D.C. got, the many earthquakes and Iceland's volcano. The news has mentioned this is the worst flooding since records have been kept which I think goes back to the 1800's. Interesting note the local news has started calling this a "monsoon", downtown Nashville is evacuated and just a few feet from becoming the next New Orleans.

"Dam thats crazy...

Whos spec is that in the background?? lol"

Idk yet trying to find him on here but I doubt he's a member, Nashville has tons of spec's but most don't frequent the forums.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
earthquakes all over the world , oil spill < human fault ,flooding in TN,NJ

WTF IS GOING ON <human fault="" ,snow="" ,drought="" ,flooding="" in="" nj="" tn=""></human>

·
Registered
177 Posts
this shit flooded my engine had to let it sit for a day got it running right before work thing is work wouldnt let me call out fuck them

·
Registered
546 Posts
yeah school is close for us. One of our schools in our county has like a pond around there school and i guess its flooded. cuz the pond surrounds the class rooms...damn..and alot of roads are blocked..

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea the boro is finally drying out, water was waste deep in my dorm's parking lot yesterday we broke out some volleyballs and tried to have fun lol. There was a slammed Integra parked beside me and I told him he needed to move up to higher ground but he wouldn't listen, now water is up to his windows. Finally a sunny day!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts