A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to see what power you guys making at what rpm...also the supporting mods you have for car like piston compression crank etc...trying to see what power ppl r making all motor..have some thoughts going threw my head and seeing if it’s worth while

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
I am over due for a retune but I'll see if I can find and load the dyno results from 2j in 2017 and from a Z specialty place in 2020 running long ride conversion. It's disappointing but I get an idea of why it is the way it is.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’m hoping to see 210whp all motor with 10.5 pistons and c1 cams at 7300 rpm on e85...does this seem realistic..hoping to make 360whp on a 150 shot but wanna have some pep in the car when I’m running all motor on the street

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
So I updated post #3:

2JR dyno was full 2nd gen crank, long rod, 13:1 comp, rz cams and 2J springs running on 93 octane. This was a used engine.

Specialty Z dyno was new 2nd gen crank, 10.5:1 comp, rods and head, cams and valve springs transferred and 91 octane.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What cams used on the 2nd dyno sheet...and I’m assuming custom pistons on the 13:1 compression

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
rz cams and the pistons are custom for the long rod conversion, both 13:1 and 10.5:1.

·
Super Moderator
6,130 Posts
I believe that is from from a specific part that has been replaced and some other things as well.

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
I'm a little late to this but here's my dyno.

Sent from my SM-A115AP using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
That’s on c1 cams and stock intake mani correct
Yep. C1 cams, 2j springs, 11.5.1 pistons, I beam rods, b16 knife edged crank

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
Darren from nisformance . Tune is great but there is 1 issue. Before darren dyno tuned it i was able to swap maps. But after he tuned it I can't switch maps. My cruise control works just fine. Its almost been a year now and he hasn't corrected it. But now is the big issue because of not being able to switch I have to upload whatever tune I want. And right now my fucking ecm is bricked and has to be sent out to uprev to retrieve my stuff smh. Uprev froze at about 30% when I was loading different tune. Just bullshit.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Nice 200whp milestone. Sorry for ur ecu troubles. Dont see how the tune would disrupt any ecu function.

·
6,837 Posts
Darren from nisformance . Tune is great but there is 1 issue. Before darren dyno tuned it i was able to swap maps. But after he tuned it I can't switch maps. My cruise control works just fine. Its almost been a year now and he hasn't corrected it. But now is the big issue because of not being able to switch I have to upload whatever tune I want. And right now my fucking ecm is bricked and has to be sent out to uprev to retrieve my stuff smh. Uprev froze at about 30% when I was loading different tune. Just bullshit.

It is possible that he loaded a different variant of the rom. I know MisterNutz has been running a different version of the 04 P7 ECU rom than I am and he doesn't have 5 maps, but I do. When you first plugged it in, the ECU part number should be either xxxxx-8U901 or 8U92A. The 8U92A only has provisions for 1 map.

Also I have also bricked an ECU flashing, but what I did was just emailed Uprev and told them what happened. They just need the cable log and they sent me a license update file and I just uploaded that back into the cable and flashed a spare ECU. A spare ECU is a lot cheaper than sending it to them and having a car down for a while.

Sorry to derail the thread :).

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
And right now my fucking ecm is bricked and has to be sent out to uprev to retrieve my stuff smh. Uprev froze at about 30% when I was loading different tune. Just bullshit.

Ugh...that sucks. I learned the hard way to always have my laptop plugged in when I'm flashing. It hurts paying that fee to unbrick the ECU!

I'm not a fan of the software...its very buggy and they are updating it all the time with no real change log.

·
Registered
9,020 Posts
It is possible that he loaded a different variant of the rom. I know MisterNutz has been running a different version of the 04 P7 ECU rom than I am and he doesn't have 5 maps, but I do. When you first plugged it in, the ECU part number should be either xxxxx-8U901 or 8U92A. The 8U92A only has provisions for 1 map.

Also I have also bricked an ECU flashing, but what I did was just emailed Uprev and told them what happened. They just need the cable log and they sent me a license update file and I just uploaded that back into the cable and flashed a spare ECU. A spare ECU is a lot cheaper than sending it to them and having a car down for a while.

Sorry to derail the thread :).
My cars a 06. And it absolutely makes no sense that with 1 tuner I was able to switch maps and with another im not able to

1 - 20 of 21 Posts