A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm new to the forums and have a question... i bought my 02 spec about 9 months ago... has 96k miles on it now, is it too late for my precat? i haven't really noticed any signs of it failing but idk.. the thing is i don't know if the owner before me had anything done about it, and i don't want to pay $45.00 to check on carfax.. is there anyway of finding out that info? and is it worth it to buy a header now or is my engine just completely screwed?

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
carfax will tell you if they fixed the pre-cat? if there are no symptoms, why are you worried?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the owner before me was a 40 year old female school teacher, i'm an 18 year old guy... i know for a fact we have different driving styles :p

·
Registered
26,965 Posts
yea but i dont think a car fax will help.. and as i said, if you're not burning any oil why worry? just get a header and put it on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
k lets hope it doesn't blow before i come up with time to put a header in >.< thnx for the help... will putting a 4-1 megan header on make me fail VA inspections? visual testing

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I'm not sure about VA but you could search around b15sentra. I think the hardest part of the installation is removing the alternator or rusted bolts. Get a friend to help too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
ive read about this problem. i just got my spec also and i notice its burning some oil on cold starts but stops after the car warms up. i am getting my header next week the cat threw a code as well pretty much sais its done for. is the damage already done? if i put a new header on can the oil burning stop?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Have much miles? Chances are the precat got to the engine already but it all comes down to how much oil are you burning? Get the headers as soon as possible. Change your oil to 10w30 high mileage oil.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts