A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
+1 on the medusa, the sound from it will make people think you got a Subaru or have cams. I have the v1 and I've had so many gas attendants and people asked if it was a Subaru or what is it lol XD I may drop ball and start saving for the v2 as it has an extra 4" run, but right now i am loving my V1 so much that it's the last thing on my mind to get right now XD

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I really hope he sets me up with a deal so i can afford all 3 the CAI, Clutch, medusa from 2j. Iv been in love with that design since seeing it. Any comment on the mounts?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have the red prothane mounts, not the molded add-ons. Keeps the motor from shaking too much and dampens if you removed the balance shaft which you prolly will do, but you will need the BSR delete kit from BWD which 2j sells and allows an extra quart of oil to be added to the crank case.

There is also the Weapon-R torque damper which further prevents the motor from shaking if you can find one, i was really lucky to find one at the price i got it for.

I'd say get 2j's delrin mounts. You do not want that motor to shake ESPECIALLY IF IT'S A G1 QR25. But i'd imagine with the delrins the chassis will be a straight up massage chair if you get a G1 QR25.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So this project chances are will be dailyed. So i fear ill regrets the 2j mounts because of the in cab vibration but ill have me a torque bar down the road. Transmission mount doesnt to have any aftermarket ill inspect mine and see about just pouring or replacing it if bad. Thanks for the feedback guys

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
So this project chances are will be dailyed. So i fear ill regrets the 2j mounts because of the in cab vibration but ill have me a torque bar down the road. Transmission mount doesnt to have any aftermarket ill inspect mine and see about just pouring or replacing it if bad. Thanks for the feedback guys
there is a red prothane mount that you can use, from a 99 sentra Prothane 14-502.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thanks guys. My motors here and it came without the compressor and with a plastic intake. The seller swears these drop right in by swapping over my intake.
Kinda pissed because the ad shows a aluminium intake and description say acutal photos of the motor you will receive.
It continues on to say you may need to swap your intake but like i told the seller that doesnt mean it doesnt come with the aluminium one. Hes trying to find a compressor to send me but i feel as if i should involve ebay because i wouldnt of had it shipped it from Cali had i know i wouldnt get the intake or compression.
You guys tried warning me lol

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Thanks guys. My motors here and it came without the compressor and with a plastic intake. The seller swears these drop right in by swapping over my intake.
Kinda pissed because the ad shows a aluminium intake and description say acutal photos of the motor you will receive.
It continues on to say you may need to swap your intake but like i told the seller that doesnt mean it doesnt come with the aluminium one. Hes trying to find a compressor to send me but i feel as if i should involve ebay because i wouldnt of had it shipped it from Cali had i know i wouldnt get the intake or compression.
the factory plastic intake? what did the aluminum intake look like? is it the plenum or the intake piping between the plenum and filter?

got a listing of the engine you bought it from or pics he uploaded?

·
Registered
8,833 Posts
Might be a qr20 look at the stamp does it look like it been messed with or re stamped

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I havnt unwrapped it but i spoke with the seller about people shaving the numbers and restamping them. He supposedly shipped me a compressor. Im over visting at my grandpa's and had a chance to take some photos.
The oily one is from original block
Is there a a ar25 that comes with that intake? If the stamp correct and not altered. I just would expect it to look more fadded/lest recent. Im hoping this is genuine
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/273829407114

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Cleaning the intake today to swap it over and found a screw missing on the last butterfly valve so theres that to be replaced along with the flapper valve shaft it snapped:/ i cant find a parts number and my local parts yards dont have any sentras with a 2.5. A screw and a the shaft will hold me up but give me time to do more stuff till then. I unwrapped the motor to find no alternator either figures... took more photos for everyone looks like ill be swapping the metal hose coming from the thermostat
to the firewall that haves a vacuum line to the intake because this one doesnt have that nipple. Can anyone tell me what these silver plate go to they came with darlin mounts and crossmenber bushings. I plan to get 2js pullys, fuel pump, brake and clutch lines, traction spacer & short throw one day,
Suspension parts i plan to take care of are sway bar bushing and new links, inner and outer tie rods. Down the road ill have bc coil overs 4 sure. No telling what eles suspension wise i could need with a chassis at 200k miles but im happy doing this.

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
So time for a update our stock clutchs are spring load and a the local machine shop turned my down to resurfacing it,so being bummed out the next morning i checked fb market to see that someone selling the 9.9 pound flywheel by 2j in Houston. Iv havnt driven that far in my Cadillac yet but i went for it. I paid $225. So how bad would it be to run the car with the 9.9p lw flywheel and still have my balance shaft and stock pullys. I plan to remove the bs plus get 2js pullys but am strapped for cash. I also crosstreaded the 2 of 3 bolts on the passanger side trying to get the motor mount in while exhaust because after driving to Houston the next day i worked from sun up to midnight installing the lw flywheel and new clutch, putting the transmission on the new motor and putting it in. I plan on getting a torque bar for that mount so those bolts wont be used just made me put down on myself that i did something that dumb instead of stopping and resting then coming to finsh it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,158 Posts
As long as you resurfaced the FW it will be fine to use and there is nothing wrong with running it like that with the stock pulley and BS.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
[
As long as you resurfaced the FW it will be fine to use and there is nothing wrong with running it like that with the stock pulley and BS.
I had went to Houston and got the lightweight flywheel . I was asking if it will be okay to run it without lightweight pullys and still having a bs.thanks for replying

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am so stoked for you man.

You don't need lightweight pulleys, you can add that stuff later.

Great call on the flywheel.

You keep talking about a torque bar, and honestly I have only seen a weapon r torque "damper" of sorts that mounts to the passenger side strut tower. So please enlighten me on that you are reffering to...

Balance chaft removal is pretty cheap.. I highly reccomend it.

Learn to helicoil, I learned on this motor and did like fifteen. You will be thankful you learned this skill as it has so many uses.

Those silver plates with the derilin bushings are radiator inserts.

Honestly if you want power out the car, don't get hung up on vibrations, I mean you ARE modding the car. If you are 45 and this is your daily, worry about it then, otherwise, enjoy it and the mods you are puttin in. I love feeling the aggressive vibrations, just lets me know there is some power there. The Misses loves riding in the car as well. ;)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
You keep talking about a torque bar, and honestly I have only seen a weapon r torque "damper" of sorts that mounts to the passenger side strut tower. So please enlighten me on that you are reffering to...
Thanks for the words of encouragement xD. And yes i mean weapon r torque damper. My mistake referring to it as a torque bar for whatever reason lol. Is there anything i can do far as tuning goes with my car being a 03. I know about 2js 06 swap for uprev tuning but thats out the buget at the moment. Reason for asking if i have these mods i want them to be able to make the power there intended to

·
Registered
441 Posts
UPREV is great. I absolutely love it. However it does have its limitations and you would need a new ecu, speedometer, and gas pedal AND wiring harness all from 04 - 06 specV. I would say take a look at megasquirt, and a few other standalones, but start off with a safc II (2) for light tuning.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
So i know im over due for a update. Motor runs great and the cars almost ready to insure. I have the torque damper and fresh transmission fluid. I picked up some $60 17inch rims that i thought would fit:/ i refinshed the paint only to find out there patterns are 4x100/4x108 i found a 15mm adapter. So let me lay out what i have planned
Take our 4x114.3 with a 66mm bore and put on a adapter to go to 4x100 with a 54mm bore and the rims i have have a 73mm bore so get a centric ring.
This should work my question to you guys are if im going to 17x8 with 42mm offset and 15mm spacers. For the moment ima have 2154517 front and 2254517 rear. Will this look stupid and be impractical how bad will i rub im willing to bet ima need to role my fenders.
17x8 4x100 42mm offset 73 bore
Adapter 15mm 114.3 to 4x100 66mm to 54mm bore
Hub centric to go from 54 to 73

Attachments

·
Registered
441 Posts
Ouch, Sorry man, I hear those are okay, but it's not something I'd ever run on my car. Just personal preferance. You look like youd have enough clearance thoug. Put em on and test fit.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts