A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so i went ahead and did several searches and i could not find a "how-to" on how to drain and refill manual transmission fluid for my 03 spec v. I may have missed it, but if anyone has a tutorial please share! thanks

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
hey guys so i went ahead and did several searches and i could not find a "how-to" on how to drain and refill manual transmission fluid for my 03 spec v. I may have missed it, but if anyone has a tutorial please share! thanks
That's because it's easy..

• Warm up car, shut it off.
  • Jack it up and there's two plugs. A fill and a drain plug. The fill plug will be located higher and towards the front of the transmission, the drain plug is visible from the bottom of the transmission bell housing at its lowest point.
  • Remove the fill bolt first (don't remember off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure it's an Allen key for both plugs) then have your pan ready and remove the drain plug. Plug drain plug once it's finished draining and torque it properly. (RTV or some kind of sealant is optional on the drain plug).
  • Then, start filling the tranny from the top fill plug you removed earlier and stop when it over flows.

That easy.

Go to here and start at page 76 if you need more instructions:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Sentra/2003_Sentra/mt.pdf

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
2x10mm hex plugs. always remove the fill before you remove the drain. If you remove the drain plug first and the fill plug gets seized then your fucked with an empty tranny.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts