A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a question I can't find an answer to. I have an 04 sentra with 1.8 liter automatic. The car drives great but occasionally gets stuck in first gear. It only does this after the first 5 minutes of driving or before the first 15 minutes of driving. And only when I come to a stop and then go again. All I have to do to remedy this is pull over shut it off and restart the car and it's fine again. After 15 minutes it wont do it no matter how far I drive. And it's not everytime I drive it. Also my cruise control works when I first get in the car and within 10 minutes it will quit and the set light blinks. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Try to do a drain and flush of the AT fluid.

Might have to do it a few times since only about a third of total fluid comes out I believe. Unless you can get a shop to do it that can extract more.

We owned a 06 1.8 SE that made odd sounds during shifts. Doing this helped greatly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there, I have a question I can't find an answer to. I have an 04 sentra with 1.8 liter automatic. The car drives great but occasionally gets stuck in first gear. It only does this after the first 5 minutes of driving or before the first 15 minutes of driving. And only when I come to a stop and then go again. All I have to do to remedy this is pull over shut it off and restart the car and it's fine again. Visit AutoGuysLand to rerivew driving with a misfiring cylinder if you concern. After 15 minutes it wont do it no matter how far I drive. And it's not everytime I drive it. Also my cruise control works when I first get in the car and within 10 minutes it will quit and the set light blinks. Any help would be appreciated.
Have you solved this issue yet? Is it a low on transmission fluid or bad transmission control solenoid?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have not solved the problem. Transmission fluid is good. Don't know if the solenoid is messed up or not. I'm looking for the solution so I don't spend a fortune trying to replace a bunch of stuff I don't need to. What it's doing kinda seems like a solenoid problem or maybe the computer but I'm not sure which one and I'm not into replacing hundreds of dollars without knowing it's going to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts