A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

After doing countless hours of research I recently started a retrofit project on my B15. I bought an extra set of headlights on ebay and bought the new Mini D2S 3.0 projector kit from theretrofitsource.com. This is my first time doing anything like this and I was really scared to start. Here's what I bought:

Mini D2S 3.0 "O-Lens" Projectors
Five5 ballasts
XB35 5000k bulbs
Motocontrol H13 wiring harness
E-55R Shrouds
Resealing Glue
and of course a new set of headlights (non OEM)

Opening the headlights was hard but not impossible. Just took a lot of patience and some trial and error. I used a 35mm hole saw drill bit (for door locks) to widen the existing headlight hole. Then I used a dremel attachment to widen that hole a bit further to get the shaft of the projector through. This is when I figured out that the shrouds I got aren't deep enough to cover the projector. I've attached some pictures to show you all some test fits with the lens on. Currently I'm trying to figure out if I can extend my shrouds to cover the projectors or if I should just go ahead and order a new set of shrouds that are deep enough to cover the projectors.

IMG_0734.jpg IMG_0735.jpg IMG_0736.jpg IMG_0737.jpg IMG_0738.jpg IMG_0739.jpg IMG_0740.jpg IMG_0741.jpg IMG_0742.jpg IMG_0743.jpg

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Then I'll buy Ur old set up

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
:biggthumpup: looks good. I vote get deeper shrouds, not sure I like those to well but thats my personal opinion. Install looks nice and clean! Cant wait to see finishednpics.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I like

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. If I can't figure a way out to extend these shrouds then I'll definitely get deeper ones. The next part is going to probably be hard: aiming the lights properly.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Should be easy.....just like aiming the stock ones. The only pita should be getting them flat.

Looks great.

I'm not sure if I want to go ds2 or h1, either way I'm going to do a retrofit pretty soon here.

·
6,665 Posts
Rotational adjustment should've been done before sealing them up. Then the vertical/horizontal adjustment can be done with the headlamps adjustment screws.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Thanks guys. If I can't figure a way out to extend these shrouds then I'll definitely get deeper ones. The next part is going to probably be hard: aiming the lights properly.
On my retro I did in the past, I had the E55-R shrouds as well. What I did was cut the top and bottom of a coca cola can, painted it black and silicone it behind the shroud. In your case I would just cut a can up and turn it inside out to use the inside aluminum color to wrap around the exposed areas.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
On my retro I did in the past, I had the E55-R shrouds as well. What I did was cut the top and bottom of a coca cola can, painted it black and silicone it behind the shroud. In your case I would just cut a can up and turn it inside out to use the inside aluminum color to wrap around the exposed areas.
That's GENIUS. Haha. I was going to actually order a sheet of aluminum and cut a piece and bend it but if I can use a can for free then that's awesome. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick update:

Finals have been kicking my ass but I ordered an aluminum sheet that I'll use to extend the shrouds. Here's a few shots of a test fire I did tonight:
IMG_0765.jpg IMG_0767.jpg IMG_0768.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Finally got it done! Too bad it rained today. I ended up extending the shroud with an inside out coke can because the aluminum sheet I ordered was too thick to bend. Here are a few finished shots. I haven't even gotten a chance to drive the car at night :( IMG_1405.jpg IMG_5288.jpg IMG_5410.jpg Untitled.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts