A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my car has a rebuilt title as many of these cars do (brakes work amazing enough to keep you from hitting the person in front of you, but too good for the person behind you I guess) anyway, I bought the car like this, and it has been bothering me for some time that the trunk doesn't sit flush with the bumper like it should.. The left side looks good, but the right side is like an inch too much, and it has started letting water into my trunk now that winter has arrived. I took the car to an auto body shop to see what they could do about it, and they told me I had to buy new hinges for the trunk so we could align it properly. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with their trunk, and if anyone knows of any way to fix it so it seals properly and looks good. Thanks!

·
Registered
224 Posts
You might want to make the holes for the bolts bigger and play around with it...use some washers, etc.
Might take you a bit but it'll cost ya nothing.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have the same problem and cant fix it

·
Registered
224 Posts
make sure it's leaking from the trunk...
when mine was leaking it turned out that it was leaking from around the tailights...

pull the trunk carpet back, get into the trunk through the back seat and have someone run a hose over the entire back end and see where its leaking from

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well lets just say that in my garage, with the back seat down and light being shined on the trunk around all the seams, there is a bunch of light coming from the passenger side where the weather stripping would normally seal, but the gap is too big. It's not the tail lights for sure, it's the trunk. I was thinking about shimming up the driver side of the trunk and seeing if it self levels or something. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine is doing same thing only thing is how you take the back seats out cause there ain't a button or nothing to push at least I ain't found one

·
Registered
534 Posts
It might be one of the hinges bent and not letting that side of the boot lower enough to seal, or it could be that side of the car has its rear fender sitting too low.
Check all around the boot to see where the gaps are and sight the rear from a distance or use a tape measure to check that both sides of the car are the same height off the level ground.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ive noticed the trunk does look slight off would the seal not being glued on there or something be problem to

·
Registered
5 Posts
I looked at it just min ago and it's not hard to close but you can tell were it's lefted more than one side

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
There is a body adjustment section in the fsm, I'm in the same boat with the trunk needing adjustment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts