A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
"A couple of Nissan SR20's will pull a premium a week before race wars" Just one of SEVERAL stupid things said in that movie lol

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Should have been Hondas, b18'S, b16'S, h22'S...

Nissan SR20's were obviously Nissan motors, and their fence,Tom here, has the motors they need in the assumed Warehouse, man....

The only issue is that the cars they are referencing, and putting Toms face into is a Honda...

·
Registered
63 Posts
"A couple of Nissan SR20's will pull a premium a week before race wars" Just one of SEVERAL stupid things said in that movie lol
I mean, it’s not wrong NOW. Probably very stupid though in 2001 (holy fuck that movie is 20 years old. June 22, 2001)

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
qr25de wasn’t out yet when the first movie came out..they had no choice but to use sr20

and at that time the sr20 was elite over a b16 or shit like that..sr20 was making over 200whp NA compared to a 170ish b18/b16.Then they made the b20v and it was over

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dont get all mad cause a qr25 has never been mentioned in a movie, besides a Nissan cd.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
I’m more mad because Nissan fucked up my year to the point my car will run rough if I install basic ass headers, made them terrible for power, and created a flaw with their shitty pre-cat and butterfly valves to the point that they’re always at risk of failing on you. Like, I love my Sentra. The paint might be faded as fuck, it’s got rust all over, and it doesn’t have as big aftermarket support but it’s my first car and it’s fun. The dumbass motor problems are just stupid though and it shows in the piss poor aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
That little Nissan cd is bad ass! I need tol put that little anime on the side of my whip in my next wrap....

·
Registered
63 Posts
That little Nissan cd is bad ass! I need tol put that little anime on the side of my whip in my next wrap....
That CD in all honesty is borderline cringe but I still respect it. Like, Sentras aren’t even truly JDM. From the manual, they’re supposedly built in Ohio if I remember right. The Sentra video still uses Japanese lettering for some reason, alongside some of the UGLIEST anime-esque designs I’ve ever seen. It’s all just so wack and weird that I can’t help but salute Nissan for making something like this. It doesn’t even list the studio that worked on it from the versions of the video I found lol. Ironically, they did kinda get right the six speed part because last I remember, it was 1:1 for 6. Wouldn’t have made it fast enough to escape that stupid bomb vortex thing but it was fun at least.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
They had to incorporate some kind of emissions and longevity in the qr25. They had a good plan on the egr delete but failed elsewhere.

FnF was so great for its day. Aw hell and still is. The only true street racing FnF

·
Registered
63 Posts
They had to incorporate some kind of emissions and longevity in the qr25. They had a good plan on the egr delete but failed elsewhere.

FnF was so great for its day. Aw hell and still is. The only true street racing FnF
I thought that was Tokyo Drift. The original F&F was probably the closest to grassroots street racing and tuner culture tho.

·
Super Moderator
6,579 Posts
supercharging is 10x more expensive. You need a custom cnc bracket made to hold a supercharger, and if oyu can find a small one, you still have to make everything else to make it work. If you can find a used kit for a b15, your gunna pay an arm and a leg for it.
I will have to disagree on the color bold section, It is more expensive comparatively but not that much of your over exaggeration that is noted, a bracket doesn't need to be cnc but the bracket being cut welded out of sheet metal is pricey but cheaper and will hold versus the cnc. Big issue is alignment and bigger is placement.

Subtract cost of the intercooler and its relative piping, bov or re-cerc valve, injectors and the tune and then the pricing difference will begin. I would not include the price of the charging unit in either scenario as that is moot

This can go into further detail but...longer story short and to side with the obvious power per dollar turbo.

There was guys back in the day blowing there shit up with shit tunes and pressing the hell out of the car, there was also some folks boosting with some decent miles and stock internals all day with no issues....either way, compression and leak down test, send an oil sample out for testing then make a choice with the info...

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
406 Posts
So no, not 10x more expensive, but twice as lol I was exaggerating lol

Lets ignore all piping and parts that turbo and supercharging share with each other. The price difference is the power provider itself. Which, in accordance with the OP, every dollar counts.

Precision 5431: $1000
Turbo Manifold $100-200 (ebay log yaaaaas)
Custom Downpipe: $500

Supercharger: V-1 :$3000
Custom Mounting Bracket that PERFECTLY lines up: $400-500 in labor and fab time.
Intake Piping $100-150

This assuming you can find someone to make you the bracket. And it has to line up perfectly or your gunna have several bad days. I would not trust a sheet metal bracket to hold such an expensive piece of equipment in place. CNC from billet, or a cnc laser cut stainless piece at least 3/8" thick with appropriate pieces welded on to make it work and some sort of bracing to stop it from bending over time, because with all those vibrations, it going to want to bend a bit. Unless you go insane thick lol

So: Turbo: $1600-1700
Supercharging: $3500-3700

·
Registered
63 Posts
So no, not 10x more expensive, but twice as lol I was exaggerating lol

Lets ignore all piping and parts that turbo and supercharging share with each other. The price difference is the power provider itself. Which, in accordance with the OP, every dollar counts.

Precision 5431: $1000
Turbo Manifold $100-200 (ebay log yaaaaas)
Custom Downpipe: $500

Supercharger: V-1 :$3000
Custom Mounting Bracket that PERFECTLY lines up: $400-500 in labor and fab time.
Intake Piping $100-150

This assuming you can find someone to make you the bracket. And it has to line up perfectly or your gunna have several bad days. I would not trust a sheet metal bracket to hold such an expensive piece of equipment in place. CNC from billet, or a cnc laser cut stainless piece at least 3/8" thick with appropriate pieces welded on to make it work and some sort of bracing to stop it from bending over time, because with all those vibrations, it going to want to bend a bit. Unless you go insane thick lol

So: Turbo: $1600-1700
Supercharging: $3500-3700
Wouldn’t a Turbo be closer to $2500? At least for people who would go with a kit that has everything like the treadstone one.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts