A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I've been SC'd and Turboed. Turbo is definitely cheaper option, but I stand by my opinion that it's useless power for our engines. Full drag race engine build aside (like Ladybug over there and Now SilvaPat) but those are dedicated track set ups. For daily driving, Turbo can be hella fun, dumb blind fun.

For HPDE, or NASA, SC is more usable power, and in my opinion more reliable, so the cost is worth it.

If I get a chance in the future, I'll gladly go SC again, but it would have to be with Haltech or something super fun and standalone. If it wasn't for the 02/03 jank wiring at the time I'm sure my sc spec would have stayed scd.

·
Super Moderator
6,579 Posts
Just to throw out there, SC in going to be using its $2k and rated for "700 hp" so there is that.

·
Registered
579 Posts
@Revhead Kev is still working on it, side tracked with surprise fixes but he hasn't updated in a while.
Yep ... had to get the QR reconditioned (replaced bent rod, stretched timing chain, added block-guard, new pistons). Finished running in but Covid got in the way with lockdowns not able to get to talk with mechanics regarding making of M90 to intake mounting block.
Still in the works though ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,579 Posts
Yep ... had to get the QR reconditioned (replaced bent rod, stretched timing chain, added block-guard, new pistons). Finished running in but Covid got in the way with lockdowns not able to get to talk with mechanics regarding making of M90 to intake mounting block.
Still in the works though ;)
With the draconian bs you dealing with, would be surprised if you got anything done.

Reactions: un33dit
61 - 73 of 73 Posts