A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my Nissian Sentra spec-v Ser 2006 a year or two ago, I am getting ready to start driving it and this summer I was looking to do some work on it, the usual, stance it out, interior, exhaust, and the big thing was the turbo kit. I’ve been looking around and I see there is two kits, the turbonetics kit and the treadstone kit. They both seem very nice, how ever I am in California and the treadstone is not California compliant. So that being said its either I have to get the turbonetics kit OR I can get the treadstone kit and take off my turbo kit every time for a smog check. Has anyone ran into this problem? And does any one have any thoughts on what I should do? or any other important things I should know about either kit? !!! Please any information helps !!! I’m very new to the car community as I don’t even have my permit lol

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Piece together a kit 4 cheaper..find a shop that will pass u with no cats...there’s ways to have engine light off

·
Registered
119 Posts
issue comes down to: what will you do if you get pulled over and dont have a carb legal kit on the car when the cop ass to see under the hood? Do it right the first time. Get the carb legal part.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Neither kit is made any more, so you'll have to buy a used one or piece one together. I have a manifold and downpipe and some other stuff for sale if you are interested, send me a message.

·
Registered
248 Posts
That doesn't mean much. Treadstone dropped the platform. It's possible they have stuff laying around, but I would call before getting your money tied up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Piece together a kit 4 cheaper..find a shop that will pass u with no cats...there’s ways to have engine light off
any recommendations for brands if I were to piece together a kit myself? Or any trusted sites I should shop at?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Always trusted tial for Blow off valve and waste gate..tread stone is perfectly fine for intercooler and piping..mtrapuzz is selling a manifold and downpipe
silvabullit, I am going to turbo my 05 spec . What kind / brand of manifold and inercooler they? And how much $?

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
They r scarce to come by mani b downpipe...treadstone has them but they expensive..few guys on here can fab 1 up 4 you..intercooler u have so many options lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have used the ebay $75 cast manifold before. I never had any issues. They needed a bit of clean up in the runners, but otherwise they are good. As for a downpipe. Local fab shops can make you one, but you HAVE TO have the turbo you will be running. Nothing is more aggravating then getting asked: "Hey, can you make me a downpipe. I haven't figured out what turbo I am gunna run yet...I don't understand why i need to have the turbo for you to do it, its just a pipe."

literally had that conversation with someone two weeks ago. I just stopped answering them.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Nah I think a cast iron log mani is only like $200

1 - 17 of 17 Posts