A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 spec v that I'm fixing to turbo and using safc2 to tune it but I live about 50 miles from somewhere that can tune the car for me...is there any way I can tune it myself to make it driveable or am I better off having it towed?

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
Buy a wideband and tune it yourself. SAFC's are very easy to tune with. Otherwise you can drive the car safely to the tuner as long as you stay out of boost.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I get the wideband o2 sensor and air/fuel ratio gauge and use the safc to get to a medium?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
If your using 630cc I have a brand new unichip plug & play EMS f/s let me know k

·
Registered
162 Posts
sorry in advance for the thread jack. Will an air/fuel gauge work without a wideband o2 sensor? I'm reading on other boards that if you do not have a wideband then the AFR gauge will either not work or go crazy even during consistent steady driving.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
You can run a A/F gauge using the normal o2 but they will be narrowband and not accurate at all. I Would not tune using a narrowband.

·
Registered
545 Posts
anyway to tell if its a stock o2 sensor or a wideband sensor by looking at them?
count the wires and look at the colors.

black, gray, white ,white are a narrowband.

white and white are heater, gray is ground, black is signal, if i recall correctly (may be reverse on the ground vs signal)

·
Registered
162 Posts
count the wires and look at the colors.

black, gray, white ,white are a narrowband.

white and white are heater, gray is ground, black is signal, if i recall correctly (may be reverse on the ground vs signal)
isn't rule of thumb black wire = ground?

·
Registered
545 Posts
isn't rule of thumb black wire = ground?
yeah, but in his case, the black is the output. this is looking at the actual wires coming out of the sensor versus the harness leading up to it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts