A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

181 - 200 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #182 (Edited)
A big thumbs down. Now waiting for Joe to verify which version of Osiris I should be using to flash the ecu. I tried the altima/sentra/versa and it said the ROM was currupt. When I tried the regular version of Osiris, the ROM would load, but when I flashed it, I would get a flash detection error.

Btw. This is the link to the altima/sentra/versa version:
http://www.uprev.com/downloads/OsirisAltimaSentraVersa.zip

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
I was using the wrong version of Osiris. Need to use the latest from the website. Now I have a can bus failure. I'm sure it's from behind the cluster. I broke the lock on pin 7. Time to take it apart again tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Thanks Rob. It's important to have the right tool for the job! I mangled the shit out of some of the connector in a few locations before using the pin extractor.

·
39,045 Posts
Damn pimp. The same thing happened to me.
It seems as if they fixed the regular version to work with the sentra.

And yes, those pins were made from the devil's finger nails, they are evil.
You have to be both gentle and tough with them.

What worked for me was to grind off ALL the little tabs on the pin. That was the only way I got mine to fit in properly.
I had the back of the cluster done by a shop and they too got it wrong. I had to go and redo it myself.

Good luck man and keep up the fight.

·
6,616 Posts
I was using the wrong version of Osiris. Need to use the latest from the website. Now I have a can bus failure. I'm sure it's from behind the cluster. I broke the lock on pin 7. Time to take it apart again tomorrow.
Yea make sure pin 7 is good as it supplies power to the cluster. Anyway, so the ROM that he supplied you with, you have to use the regular Osiris version or the sentra version that's on the website? I'm not sure if the sentra version on their website is in anyway updated from what I have so I'm just wondering if this "latest" that you speak of is the regular or the sentra version.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #189 (Edited)
I edited this post for wrong info. I needed the latest Sentra version which can be found here : www.uprev.com/downloads. The ROM now loads, but once it gets to 100, I get " Detect flash error". I removed all copies of osiris on my laptop and loaded the latest, I buzzed out the CAN lines, and am now trying a different computer.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Thanks to Barry for the recommendation. They will be mounted tomorrow! uploadfromtaptalk1400632034712.jpg

I should have the 2j superpro LCA's, BSK, ALK's TDMI rigid collar inserts, and Eibach front and rear sway bars installed by this weekend. Joe is flashing my ECU with an Uprev tune and sending it out today.

So I should be all set up this weekend to play!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
Nothing ever goes smoothly with this car! I took the tires to get mounted and balanced and they stripped two of the screws on one of the center caps, so they couldn't balance one of them. I'll probably have to drill them out.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
I mowed the lawn, cleaned the gutters, planted some flowers...

Wait, do you mean on the car? I took it off the road...that's about it. I need a little break from it. I'll get back to it soon.
Pretty sad that it's been over a year that I took it off the road and haven't done much with it. I always wondered how some people here had some wild project cars that just collected dust...now I understand. I can say that I don't have time for it, but that's just an excuse. I'm pretty wiped out after work and the standard upkeep of owning a house. My new goal is to finish my garage so I can work on it over the winter. I have a two car detached that is not insulated so it's a bitch to work in there in the summer and the winter.

Hopefully I find some motivation to get going soon! This car is going to be a blast once I get it running again. Can't wait to see how the supercharger is with the built motor, full suspension upgrades, and the Toyo R888's. Maybe I'll finally install the direct port nitrous set up too.

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Pretty sad that it's been over a year that I took it off the road and haven't done much with it. I always wondered how some people here had some wild project cars that just collected dust...now I understand. I can say that I don't have time for it, but that's just an excuse. I'm pretty wiped out after work and the standard upkeep of owning a house. My new goal is to finish my garage so I can work on it over the winter. I have a two car detached that is not insulated so it's a bitch to work in there in the summer and the winter.

Hopefully I find some motivation to get going soon! This car is going to be a blast once I get it running again. Can't wait to see how the supercharger is with the built motor, full suspension upgrades, and the Toyo R888's. Maybe I'll finally install the direct port nitrous set up too.
Gary what's going on man lol...I'm in same boat as you..I put my car on the back burner as well...started working a lot more and trying to save for a wedding/house...now that summers here I got the car itch again...time to get back to work on it lol...I think you should do the same and finally we can meet up and have both our cars with us instead of jus talking about them lol

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #200
Gary what's going on man lol...I'm in same boat as you..I put my car on the back burner as well...started working a lot more and trying to save for a wedding/house...now that summers here I got the car itch again...time to get back to work on it lol...I think you should do the same and finally we can meet up and have both our cars with us instead of jus talking about them lol
Lol...sounds like a plan Pat!

181 - 200 of 229 Posts