A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

201 - 220 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Put on a crappy condition carbon fiber hood that I bought. Had to drill out the rivets for the brackets of the hood struts and rivet them on to the new hood. Even though it's not in the best condition, it's in better shape than the stock one and lighter.

I'm leaving the cover off of it so I'll want to start working on it again. This approach has worked so far :)

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Did a little more today. I sanded down the header and painted it. I also sanded down and painted the supercharger brackets. Not alot of progress, but I'm getting interested again. The goal is to get it back on the road next spring.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Thanks Barry. I have alot to do, but im back into it. I plan to get it running and on the street this year. I hope to have it ready in late spring. I'm kind of all over the place right now. I started doing some detailing while everything is out of the way. Still have more grinding, sanding, and painting to do. But I have to say that I have been enjoying working on the car again. uploadfromtaptalk1455574527356.jpg

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Slowly but surely I'm getting it cleaned up. Just been doing a little here and a little there. The weather was actually nice this weekend, so I cleaned up the yard instead of focusing on this. I'm going to be hoping for some rainy weekends in the spring so I have an excuse not to work in the yard :)
uploadfromtaptalk1456088920926.jpg

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
while your at relocating things

i have been looking very closley at the honda drag only cars

and i see they have gone back to a heavy battery [40lb]
mounted ahhead of the axle

blind thy self to the intercooler
there are details way cooler

properly mounted 10"slicks seem small
yet look at the battery so tall

follow the fender line
so much toe-in must be launch fine

and allows the skinnies at speed to follow in line

dscn1173 by Barry, on Flickr

and note their toe-in
which brings a stability grin

oh the exhaust in the rear
is a fake dear
dscn1174_00 by Barry, on Flickr

the rollcage is invisible
the plates are a joke

trailer only

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Very interesting Barry @yogi b. The plan for the car has changed again. My father wants to pick up a 34 Ford hotrod or something of the sorts for him and I to tinker with, so I need room in the garage. I'm going to keep this car on the street. My wife and I carpool everyday but one, so that is what this car will be for. With that being the case, I want to keep it as street able as possible and keep fuse boxes and batteries accessible.

201 - 220 of 229 Posts