Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
sounds good
and mean

"back on the road again"
nice

looks clean too
Thanks Barry...it's been a long time! After getting screwed over a few times, I kind of lost the will to work on it. Should be a blast to drive. I'm anxious to play around with the uprev software. I still have a flash detection error to correct before I can do so. Can't seem to shake this one. Had it on the last car too.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
When I was having problems getting it started after the 06 ecu and harness swap, I cut out anything that was aftermarket. So now I'm rewiring all the gauges and stuff. Now that it's not my daily, I'm trying to take my time and wire it up nice.

I added molex connectors to the gauges in the center bin. Mounted the lean cutoff and multicontroller in the dash. Added a distribution block to clean up the wiring.

I decided to take the carputer out along with the center LCD. I originally thought it would be great for running uprev software, but I just found it to be annoying waiting for it to boot up, and now uprev requires windows 10, so it's just not worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
what a nice progressive nitrous setup,
nos pressure in the cockpit and all

love the looks of the nitous switches in a pod,
everything together

forgot all about dynatune
what has been your experience with them?

i sse you also have some failure protection
does this when lean, shut down the engine or nitrous delivery?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
Thanks Barry. I bought this stuff a lifetime ago and never used it. The lean switch stops the nitrous delivery. I'm excited to start playing with this stuff!

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
i bet
you will get to it, soon

looks great though
you thought out the nos very well imo
good group of controls and safeguards

my n20 kit still sits on the self

and after owning it for 9 years
just installed the water/meth injection

btw
the car that won my trophy run @paradise
a triple turbo, 4 stage nos equipped toyota
lol

"Paradise Dragstrip
16 hrs ·

Trophy class winner (YES we have trophy class going again) was Brian Rakestraw in his triple turbo 3 stage nitrous set up Toyota ! The damage on the front bumper was due to high speed , trapping 250mph . Greg Busby
was runner up ."
http://www.ColePhoto.net/paradise-bracket-tnt-3-1…/ea61d9ef1

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Finally figured out the flash detection error with the Uprev software. Just had to slightly bend the CAN signal pins on the Uprev cable and now it flashes! Can't believe it took 6 years to figure that one out. At one point I sent the cabe to Uprev for them to check it and they said it checked good. Oh well....it works now. Now to play with tuning. Any shared tips and tricks would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
Finally figured out the flash detection error with the Uprev software. Just had to slightly bend the CAN signal pins on the Uprev cable and now it flashes! Can't believe it took 6 years to figure that one out. At one point I sent the cabe to Uprev for them to check it and they said it checked good. Oh well....it works now. Now to play with tuning. Any shared tips and tricks would be appreciated.

221 - 229 of 229 Posts