A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was checking rockauto and seen led bulbs are cheap. Has anyone converted to LED im assuming its all plug and play. Any input would be appreciated!! Thanks

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
I converted to LED, it takes some time to get used to, I used 6000K bulbs, and they are whiter than stock, and it makes everything look flat, not as much depth perception. it also doesnt let you spot animals as quick, which tend to be in the red spectrum. I got used to the amount of light they put out and are comfortable with them, but SilverStar Ultras give better color rendition. IMHO, use incandescent if you are worried about critters. LED if you just want lots of light with no depth, or reds and browns

·
Registered
143 Posts
For turn signals you will need to add a resistor (5 ohm if memory serves) on all four corners, otherwise you’ll have hyper-blinkers. Tech may have advanced since I did my LED upgrades so the resistors may be integrated... just something to think about.

·
Super Moderator
5,419 Posts
Stop using resistors, complete waist of time and effort, replace the relay and never have to worry about hyper blink again unless you get a faulty or POS one. Relays for led blinkers have been out for several years now, its just whether or not there was one that was plug-n-play or not for a specific style relay.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts