A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HTML:
I'm new to the whole datalogging/tuning thing. I've been reading as much as I can find. I logged this today. Please take a look and comment. Right now I'm running N/A. Should I lean it out some? It seems to be running a pretty steady AFR of 13. Thanks for any help / comments.

-Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK...I've found some good reading at this site:RomRaider • View topic - How To: Read Data Logs. It is geared towards turbo charged Subarus, but most of the theary is the same.

So now with a little more knowledge...

1. I see that my MAF sensor voltage looks good because it is no wheres near topped out at 5v.

2. I'm not sure what to make out of the A/F correction since it is measuring 100%. I would assume that you would rather it around 90%???

3. My AFR's seem fine for N/A application?

Any comments?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a new log with my supercharger installed. I was doing this on the fly and logged a bunch of info, because I couldn't remember which were the important ones.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
You're maxing out your stock injectors which is causing you to go slightly lean (13:1) at high rpms. Try to keep it under 5k until you get some bigger ones.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're maxing out your stock injectors which is causing you to go slightly lean (13:1) at high rpms. Try to keep it under 5k until you get some bigger ones.
Thanks, so messing with the SAFC isn't going to help at this point.

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
Unfortunately not. You are already at 100% injector duty cycle by 5500rpm, it looks like the ecu is starting to pull timing at that point as well.

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
What pulley is this again Gary? Your IDC is still high, try pulling some fuel form 3.5k-6k to get afr's around 11ish.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What pulley is this again Gary? Your IDC is still high, try pulling some fuel form 3.5k-6k to get afr's around 11ish.
Thanks Karl. The pulley installed was supposed to be the 3.75psi pulley. I have another one which was supposed to be the 8psi pulley. It is stamped 2 80. I planned on putting this on once i get the car running right with the new injectors.

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
Hrmmm... I suppose the ecu doesn't know it has bigger injectors then because your duty cycle is the same as it was before, lol. Let me know if you need any help getting the tune down!

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hrmmm... I suppose the ecu doesn't know it has bigger injectors then because your duty cycle is the same as it was before, lol. Let me know if you need any help getting the tune down!
I though that was weird also. At least its running rich and not lean now.

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
Looks better. I would pull a few points at 3400 and 4000, you can run a little leaner at that low of boost and rpm. It looks like you might be able to pull more fuel at redline, but afr's might have fluctuated as you let off the throttle.

Out of curiosity, could you do a pull to redline and let the car bounce off the rev-limiter?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks better. I would pull a few points at 3400 and 4000, you can run a little leaner at that low of boost and rpm. It looks like you might be able to pull more fuel at redline, but afr's might have fluctuated as you let off the throttle.

Out of curiosity, could you do a pull to redline and let the car bounce off the rev-limiter?
Thanks. What is the rev-limiter on our cars? Does it matter what gear?

·
BDSF
11,452 Posts
Somewhere around 6200. 3rd or 4th is fine, don't get into any trouble though, lol.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts