A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a situation with not knowing exactly what gen my QR is. I have an 05 Spec V and the previous owner swapped in another QR. He said it was a crate engine from Japan. I had a small oil leak which I've posted in another thread and other users and I discovered that I had a block off plate where the oil cooler should be, which was also where the leak was. But, the first gen doesn't have an oil cooler.

So, I'm not sure if I have just a 2nd gen block or if the whole assembly is 2nd gen.

My question is, would I need to choose 04-06 spec v or 07+ spec v for the mail in Uprev tune? Don't know if this is a dumb question haha. I'm sure it is the 05 ecu since he never mentioned swapping ecu's or anything like that, so I don't know if that is the deciding factor. Here's some pics of the engine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,506 Posts
..... the 05 ecu is what's going to be tuned off of, doesn't matter what gen the block is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assumed so; I just wanted someone who is more knowledgable than me to be able to reassure that which you did so thank you haha

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Yes I think you have an 07+ block with a 02-06 head. The internals in the block are slightly different but its all the same at the ecu. Get the uprev for the '05. And btw I believe the 05 is only allowed 1 tune map, not 5 like every other year.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay cool. It would be cool if everything was the 07+ cause then I would be able to rev to 7,000. The car always felt like it wanted to rev past 6,200. Or that could just be me wanting to haha
Really? Why is that?

·
6,701 Posts
04 is only one map (Maybe it;s the ECU)
05 is the one that can only have 1. I have an 04 and runs 5.

Okay cool. It would be cool if everything was the 07+ cause then I would be able to rev to 7,000. The car always felt like it wanted to rev past 6,200. Or that could just be me wanting to haha
Really? Why is that?
Not just 07+, it has to be the spec v 07+ engine because of the full counterweight crank.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh when I said "Really? Why is that?" I was talking about why the 05 only gets one map. I probably should've specified that haha.

Not just 07+, it has to be the spec v 07+ engine because of the full counterweight crank.
Oh I see. I have no idea what car this qr was meant for since it's a crate motor supposedly.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I can not utilize cruise for storage or swapping. I simply upload a full tune like normal. No idea why, Uprev looked into it for me, and so did Joe. This was like 8 years ago, and I had to extract my tune (back to stock) and send it to Uprev before they gave me a workable base tune (or unlocked it) cause my spec would die at throttle.

·
6,701 Posts
I can not utilize cruise for storage or swapping. I simply upload a full tune like normal. No idea why, Uprev looked into it for me, and so did Joe. This was like 8 years ago, and I had to extract my tune (back to stock) and send it to Uprev before they gave me a workable base tune (or unlocked it) cause my spec would die at throttle.
This is on a P8 or P7? That's so weird. By any chance you're using a 23710-8U901 rom?

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I'll have to dig around to find out. And I'll pull the ECU sometime next weekend.

That Rom looks familiar, but then again I guess they all would at this point, lol.

·
Registered
5,081 Posts
Thats weird Tritton I have never heard of an 04 only having one map. My 04 has 5 like any other. Maybe you have a very late 04 ecu or maybe a previous owner replaced it with an 05 ??

I think the rev limiter shouldnt be any more than 6500 due to the risk of valve float. You have to have valve springs, then you can safely run to 7200 rpm

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
I know the full history of the car, no ecu swap. But could be a late model I guess. It's very peculiar.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts