A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased Uprev tuner many years ago and have only recently started learning how to use it. I found some information here and there on the internet on how to use it, but nothing really helped explain it until I ran into www.evansperformaceacademy.com. it has been really helpful in understanding how Uprev works and it was reasonably priced.

If anyone is interested in learning how to tune their car, I found this training very helpful.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Sentra SE-R SPEC V
651 Posts
jeff has been around the tuning and racing world a long time very nice guy use to race with him and his wife. might have to look into it you can always learn something even if you think you know it all.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've enjoyed it. I purchased the classroom and live training for uprev. Anytime he releases new content for uprev, its included in the original price and there is a support forum where he answers questions.

I just wish the software and support from Uprev was better. I have had issues with it crashing in the middle of a session a few times....very frustrating!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just wish the software and support from Uprev was better. I have had issues with it crashing in the middle of a session a few times....very frustrating!
welcome to uprev ;););) I tune on uprev often, and 90% of the tuning sessions it crashes at some point. I have a policy of saving a new file EVERY time I make a slight change, and I NEVER do live-tuning, since you can lose the changes you made if it crashes. I even have a redundant backup to my google drive when i save a new file, because sometimes uprev crashes and the only way to get it back is to re-install it.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol....I hear you. It took so long for me to even get it to work. I swore I had a defective cable and Uprev swore I had the CAN wiring wrong. I had even sent them the cable to check out. They returned it with no faults found. Years later a buddy suggested slightly bending the pins that carry the CAN signals on the OBD side of the uprev cable and it worked instantly....I reached back out to Uprev to let them know how I got the cable working in case they have another customer with the same issue, but of course no response.

·
Registered
86 Posts
yea, their CS is horrible. I physically brought a car to them so they could do some CVT map testing. I spent a week in a hotel room waiting for them to do it. On the 6th day they sent someone to pick me up, all they did was tune the car and said they never had time to do the map testing...like bruh....if i knew thats what you where going to do i wouldn't have come. and the tune they did was terrible lol

·
Super Moderator
5,875 Posts
Windows 10.....

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Windows 10.....
Yeah....that doesn't help either...lol

Btw.. I used multiple laptops with different versions of Windows at the time of troubleshooting the flash error i was getting.. not until i bought another Sentra did I figure out the damn cable issue

1 - 8 of 8 Posts