A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright a little while back i started mentioning an issue that i was having.

My car felt like it was in limp mode. Or some Sensor problem. My car would not have the usual spunk it normally did and the whole slowly climbed in rpm then normal..

I was told the issue is with in either my maf sensor, or o2 sensors.

This however proves not to be the case. Tonight I had to work late it was still dusk when i left. I started to leave with out my headlights. I had the wonderful power that im used to.
Then! I switched my headlights on and there goes the issue. SOO it is finally traced back to something wrong between my headlights and motor.

this to me sounds exactly like i stated in the title. There could be a short somewhere causing the headlights to dull the power output.

So my question to you: 1 has anyone else had this problem in the past? And has this been covered before so I could easily trace it down to a pinpoint area WITHOUT using a volt meter.

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
alternator issue? if it was serious you would have wires burning. could possibly be a bad battery too. try running a new ground wire to your block to see if that helps

·
Registered
550 Posts
i had a similar problem a month ago it was the alternator when i measured it with a voltmeter it said it was throwing 13.6 volts with everything on, but once i ran the car the lights dimmed and i felt a loss of power with some voltage losses for a few seconds, i went to get the alt tested (vatozone and pepboys) both said it was ok, but since i was skeptical (car had no codes and battery had charge) i still replaced it and my problem stopped, btw my dash dimmed a lot when i felt the loss of power also one time it literaly went off with all the gauges reading 0 exept revs.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that could also probably be the reason my battery holds only a small charge? id forget the fogs on then my battery died with in 5 minutes.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^---- that isn't supposed to happen

which part? the battery dying<-----i have yet to figure out the prob. guessing its my alternator and the battery not holding a standard charge.
or my fog lights being on when the car is off? <---this is a mod

1 - 7 of 7 Posts