A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I had to replace the Evap canister. I cleared the DTC code and have driven the car nearly 500 miles, but the Evap Monitor will not reset. So I took the car to Nissan to simulate a drive cycle on their Consult 3. They said they couldn't do it because the ECU had a hidden DTC code (P1800, VIAS Control Solenoid Valve) that prevented the Monitor to go to "Ready".

My last build has a 2JR intake manifold, which doesn't use this valve to control the butterfly valves. I think we deleted it during the engine install. Can I just disable this DTC with UpRev or do I have to replace the entire Valve, actuator and all the associated tubing?

·
Super Moderator
5,469 Posts
Just plug the valve in, that's what I've been doing with no vacuum connected.... or a resistor. As long as the ECU sees a load for it you will be fine.

Don't think they are authorized to just "remove/ delete" the code anymore.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kaze,
I don't think I kept it. We threw out everything after we finished building the engine. I'll check out RockAuto and a few other places.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Thats weird I have had mine open to atmosphere and never had a problem with emissions or readiness. Replace it and see what happens ??

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
My tuner has Uprev saved on an old laptop that won't update so he can still disble these codes. Funny enough, I failed emissions for Tampering, lol. The State finally updated their software to see what were doing to our cars.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I disabled the DTC 1800 code in the ECU and will go though one or two drive cycles to see if the Evap Monitor goes to ready state. If it doesn't, does anyone have this solenoid valve they can sell me?

·
Super Moderator
5,469 Posts
Salvage yard would be easier if you can get to one, I wonder if the fsm has the resistance valve in there cause I've always wanted to pull mine...

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
I imagine it being pretty cheap. Try a parts store?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RockAuto doesn't have any. The Nissan parts dealers give a part number (14956-40U1B) for the solenoid valve but the illustration shows the air actuator (no electrical connections) and that goes for about $100.

UpRev showed no stored DTC Codes after I deactivated the P1800 code. So I'll just do a couple of drive cycles and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got a message from un33dit that he had a spare one. He sent it to me the following day. Hopefully the problem will go away in a couple of drive cycles. Thanks, Gary.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts