A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update from original post: There are now TWO different options to choose from.
Street Kit: $45 shipped - 200% stiffer than factory
Race Kit: $60 shipped - over 300% stiffer than factory

Further discussion on each kit can be found below.

Some of you may have seen on Facebook already, but I recently designed some shift selector springs for the 6spd trans.
These springs are about 200% stronger than factory and are responsible for returning the shift knob to 'center'

The factory springs are very weak and are most noticeable during the 2-3 shift for being sloppy and causing a miss shift if the shifter doesn't fully center in the 3/4 shift gate.

They sell for $45 shipped (lower 48)
Install can be achieved in as little as 30mins and have had lots of positive feedback so far.

The first batch sold out in less than 2 days, but I will be releasing another order in the coming weeks.

SSS 6.jpg

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Add me missed the ig buy

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,332 Posts
IIRC all can be gotten to with everything in the engine bay with since awkward positions for some tools, they are all external plugs with a ball but I would have to verify the FSM.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how hard are they to install?

(just a general idea for the 'new to the platform' crowd)
Simple.
Can be done in 30mins or less.
https://youtu.be/B5u54FA8dPo

IIRC all can be gotten to with everything in the engine bay with since awkward positions for some tools, they are all external plugs with a ball but I would have to verify the FSM.
Refer to the vid. But these springs are different than the detent springs that it sounds like you're referring to.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I’ll take two.

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll take two.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Manufacturing started today, should see these ready sometime next week.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
please put me down for a set reserve!

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright guys,
Springs are ready to go.
You'll be pleased to hear that I am also offering a "Race Kit" alongside the highly reviewed "Street Kit"
The street kit utilizes spring pressures 200% higher than factory, while the race kit pressures exceed 300% over stock.
Both will greatly improve shifter feel and greatly improve the 2-3 shift quality.
While the race kit will further deter 1-2-1 or 2-3-2 shifts by requiring a more deliberate motion to move the shifter out of the 3-4 shift gate, it's worth noting that it will, in turn, require more effort to reach reverse.
I highly recommend aftermarket shifter bushings for both kits, I would argue that they are required for the race kit as factory rubber bushings simply will not withstand the increased load.
Street Kit - $45 shipped
Race Kit - $60 shipped
Alaska, Hawaii, and International shipping available at an additional cost.

PM me for PayPal info
Include full name and shipping address in your message so that I can match payment with each username

·
Super Moderator
5,332 Posts
Just watched the vid, completely different springs, saw the 4 in the pic and didn't correlate them with the actual shifter mechanism

Might I suggest that if you do not have punches in your tool box, look for actual roll pin punches as it will be easier/safer to to knock them out/in and not destroy them in the process due to them having a dimple on the face.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I’ll take one of each as well.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Any issues with these springs and using the short throw? Didn’t look like you were using a short throw in the video so making sure.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any issues with these springs and using the short throw? Didn’t look like you were using a short throw in the video so making sure.
I'm using a 2JR STS on the trans.
There is no issue, nor should there be with any other type of STS.
These springs only affect the side to side motion, whereas STS will affect the forward/backward motion.

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
I'm using a 2JR STS on the trans.
There is no issue, nor should there be with any other type of STS.
These springs only affect the side to side motion, whereas STS will affect the forward/backward motion.
I kinda gave up on short shifters, missed more gears with them, than I did without... had the Nissan Motorsports and the Axtion, liked the Axtion better, but they both worked. I gifted the Nissan Motorsports one to a fellow Sentra driver

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
just watched the vid, holy shit is that a b13 with a turbo'd QR25?!!!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts