21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
double post

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Lol you didnt see his build thread? Missin out on life because yeah.. Jesus..

I find that just a shorter shift knob made a world of difference.

Pm sent.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I kinda gave up on short shifters, missed more gears with them, than I did without... had the Nissan Motorsports and the Axtion, liked the Axtion better, but they both worked. I gifted the Nissan Motorsports one to a fellow Sentra driver
You're not the only one who's taken this approach.
While it does work better, I see it as a band-aid to a real issue.
Removing the STS only allows it to shift because it's physically shifting slower.
I'm excited to get more reviews as these start to flow throughout the community as I truly feel a lot of the shifting problems are with a poorly designed mechanism.

just watched the vid, holy shit is that a b13 with a turbo'd QR25?!!!
Sure is. Lol
Currently the only QR in the 10's... just trying to motivate others to get their B15's there as well.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
hold on, i think i recognize your b15 in the sig. weren't you the one that gave anteeke (yellow banana 04-06) a ride along to feel the turbo at that meet up? There was another family close by having a birthday party or something and i had to keep saying sorry and apologizing because i have a foul mouth XD

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Pete....Facebook is aids. So I will share here why my 2nd set is still Steet.

I was concerned about money shifting 4th going into 6th. Although it would totally help not accidentally going into Reverse. So maybe I would LOVE them. I just didn't really know. And I'm assuming we are putting more strain on cables. So I stuck with Street.

I haven't installed yet. If people like the Race for street use and cables seem to hold up I'll surely be buying a 3rd set in the future. Having not installed my Street springs yet I didn't know what tension to expect if I got Race for my second set. Played it safe. If I didn't street drive both the cars, having use for 6th gear, I 100% would have gotten Race.

I'm a lefty. Going into 6th is a weak motion for me lol

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Figured that was the case, but always good to ask.

I'm using a 2JR STS on the trans.
There is no issue, nor should there be with any other type of STS.
These springs only affect the side to side motion, whereas STS will affect the forward/backward motion.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
edit nvm

are the race springs stiffer than street? would a stiffer spring be better for avoiding accidental reverse?

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
edit nvm

are the race springs stiffer than street? would a stiffer spring be better for avoiding accidental reverse?
Street is 200% stiffer than stock

Race is 300% stiffer than stock

He said with race it could be annoying getting into reverse. So the answer to your question is "probably" yes.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
B9C86AE8-4368-41E9-87ED-D56AEAF726AC.jpg

Just got mine. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Now just need the car to use them on. :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
@L8YBUG, can’t seem to figure out which kit is “Street” and which is “Race”. Are the blue and white springs for “Street”?

·
Super Moderator
5,332 Posts
@L8YBUG, can’t seem to figure out which kit is “Street” and which is “Race”. Are the blue and white springs for “Street”?
Yes, got mine yesterday as well, there is a noticable difference if you put one in each hand, squeeze and swap, repeat.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
l8ybug can you pm me payment info, i can send payment for a set of race springs after i get paid on friday and will send payment next day saturday. I was toy hunting for transformers and bought enough that i would just about go below my minimum balance and start getting maintenance fees XD

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Yes, got mine yesterday as well, there is a noticable difference if you put one in each hand, squeeze and swap, repeat.
I tried that and couldn’t tell with them still in the packaging.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The street springs are blue/white and the race springs are red/black
While it's not BOLD or highlighted, it does indicate color in their respective instructions.

l8ybug can you pm me payment info, i can send payment for a set of race springs after i get paid on friday and will send payment next day saturday. I was toy hunting for transformers and bought enough that i would just about go below my minimum balance and start getting maintenance fees XD
I will send over my PP info now. Apologies for the delayed response as I was out of town since last Thursday.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Who is ever accidently going into reverse anyways??

I admit I had a problem going from 5th to 4th when intending 6th when I first got the car. Hasnt happened in years but may have to relearn that alittle but whatever! You have to Vin Diesel a path to R, but thats what you want :)

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
I don't drive my cars that often anymore as of late sadly. So....I gotta watch out not to accidentally go into 4th still.

Sometimes I actually go past sixth being overly cautious to avoid 4th.
That's why there is reverse lockout on later years.

It was just my thought process :dunno:

We'll see what I think when I actually know what street feels like.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've done it several times. I have a triple short shifter, og axxition, and a shortened shift rod in the assembly. I am a ginormous fan of the lock out so much that I sourced one. All it takes is one mis-shift, kablooooooey....

Hello transmission re-build, lets throw a maxima final drive gear in there since I gotta replace all this shit I broke....

21 - 40 of 54 Posts