A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
the thing thats weird about these transmissions, is above a certain power/rpm level it will basically lock you out of the next higher gear, but you can downshift from 4th to 1st like a hot knife through butter
Surely something to do with the syncros

Do not intend to derail the thread :ugh:

I have to be practically stopped to get into first :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
I have a triple short shifter, og axxition, and a shortened shift rod in the assembly.
What?

the thing thats weird about these transmissions, is above a certain power/rpm level it will basically lock you out of the next higher gear, but you can downshift from 4th to 1st like a hot knife through butter
Not sure what is going on with that as that shouldn't be a thing. I was having "lock out" issues when part of the clutch was disintegrating throwing everything off balance at the higher revs.

·
Registered
503 Posts
What?

Not sure what is going on with that as that shouldn't be a thing. I was having "lock out" issues when part of the clutch was disintegrating throwing everything off balance at the higher revs.
I have a shortened shift "rod", and have the axxition shifter mechanism, so I got some super short shifting powers, but that reverse lockout is always a fear of mine. Always.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The street springs are blue/white and the race springs are red/black
While it's not BOLD or highlighted, it does indicate color in their respective instructions.
Thanks. Now I see it in middle of page 3.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
I have a shortened shift "rod", and have the axxition shifter mechanism, so I got some super short shifting powers, but that reverse lockout is always a fear of mine. Always.
Shifting looks the same as when you pull hairs out with your finger tips.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Got mine in the other day. Cant wait to install.

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
Installed.

Locally, O'reilly was the only ones that stock the roll punch pins. ( https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/mayhew-4212/tools---equipment-16488/hand-tools-16814/awls--chisels---punches-17945/8b0702c27a78/mayhew-pilot-punch/62282/4434394/2006/nissan/sentra?q=roll+pin+punch&pos=9 )

Installed slightly different from instructions but no biggie. Image does no justice comparatively speaking with the springs right next to each other and how it looks after install but none the less a noticeable change from stock. I can't drive just yet but running through the gears will be no issue.

·
Super Moderator
20,872 Posts
Installed.

Locally, O'reilly was the only ones that stock the roll punch pins. ( https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/mayhew-4212/tools---equipment-16488/hand-tools-16814/awls--chisels---punches-17945/8b0702c27a78/mayhew-pilot-punch/62282/4434394/2006/nissan/sentra?q=roll+pin+punch&pos=9 )

Installed slightly different from instructions but no biggie. Image does no justice comparatively speaking with the springs right next to each other and how it looks after install but none the less a noticeable change from stock. I can't drive just yet but running through the gears will be no issue.

Which ones did you get?
Or if you got both....which set did you install?

·
Super Moderator
5,324 Posts
Finally was able to drive with the street springs, yes you can get very a good idea of how it feels when not moving but you don't realize the actual impact it makes until you drive and out feels so much more confident when driving.

It takes no time to adjust to the little bit of extra work involved in the side movements and I can probably see this fixing the 3rd gear grind on a completely stock set up (pending the stock bushing are new) but that is a theory as I have no idea how the stock feels anymore.

I am running dual STSs and turcite(?) bushings with a solid planted shifter base mount.

The race springs are going to be more demanding.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good day to all readers,

For much of us late in the game a lot of special items and promos are gone and out of production.

I seek to purchase two sets of these Race Type shipped to Maryland USA where or how can I get these please thank you to readers thank you for help.

-Gregory Conway

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Bump.
@Big Lettuce i sent you a PM

Lots of race springs still in stock. I know there's only a few that still use this forum

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thank you so very much Sir I received both f my sets of Race - Springs I know I will be buying another set of Race - Springs just not sure yet when? Thank you again a huge amount of thanks, -Gregory Conway

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks to your reply with Vision One and the speedy delivery of the set PLUS the uncanny pop up of a RED B15U almost exactly like mine at the bone yard I was like WTF ...? I snagged the shift mech from that car 🚘 so I can do these are complete install and go parts. I will order a third set from you within a month thank you always -Gregory

Attachments

41 - 54 of 54 Posts