A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iight kool, i always wanted one but for that price i can go boost lol.
thats true. and we never got a real answer to who will win vq or boosted spec. but its all about a building platform, and theres no replacement for displacement.

whats killing me is, all these vq swaps look stock, like dealer made

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Wow thats bugged out, sleepers come in many disguises I see.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
hell yea. man.. if i ever get one, i would bolt that sucker up and spray a 100shot. It's already planed out lol

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
VQ, pistons, rods, cometic gasket, boost. I'd do it that way.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
how reliable are the swaps anyway in terms of taking a beating? and how are the turbo vqs holding up i assumed that there would be some weight added because of the engine size and boost equipment?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
What ECU running it?

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
how reliable are the swaps anyway in terms of taking a beating? and how are the turbo vqs holding up i assumed that there would be some weight added because of the engine size and boost equipment?
the vq only weighs like 40lbs more than a qr. but in this car the old altima motor is cast iron so it probably weigh the same, or few ponds more. boosted 3.5's hold up pretty decent with single digit boost. the weight issuse hasnt been that much of a big deal in the two specs that are running this set up as of yet

What ECU running it?
maxima ecu i think.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
They changed the pedals too then?

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
speaking of swaps my boy sent his 03 spec in at the dealer for a new ecm and they said they dont make them for 02 and 03's any more so they swapped the motor out for a 08 spec ....he's picking it up tomorrow

i was like wtf i gotta see this shit

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
SER_2NR I want pics! Bring your camera!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
SER_2NR I want pics! Bring your camera!
werd i wanna show the stealership i went to (star) that another dealer swapped out the motor because of an ecm and i cant get a damn catalytic converter

i gotta wait for him to bring it over because my car wont even start up right now lol

1 - 20 of 38 Posts