A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i have an 06 and am 02 sentra spec v. Apparently, the thermostat was locked shut so the block got no water. I’m worried the head is toasty so after checking it i’ll be deciding on whether i swap just the head out of the 06 to the 02 or if i do the full engine swap. My question is, how hard will the swaps be? Would it be worth it to just do the engine swap? it’s a circle track race car so i’m just looking

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great day ahead to you all of you, I was quite concerned likewise considering his testimony was to “swap heads” from one to another QR25 is a four piston motour VQ25 is a six piston motour thus having two cylinder heads!

IIRC we did get a variant of this Northern America and I think it was supercharged and was offered in the Infiniti Q50t

i was blown away as back in the Olde Days Infiniti badging also was a tell-tell story on the engine Dalia placement ie J30 3.0L G20 2.0L Q45 4.5L so imagine ma amazement to see a Q50 assuming it was a 5.0L and a QX70 I assumed wow a modern day 7.0L truck?!?!?!?!?! =-O omfg until I later realized these were less on displacement today and more on status.

Good luck on your head swap and the head was not entirely deprived of coolant to flow bypassing the thermostat yes but if the car is being raced (ie abused) then in that case I would assumed YES replace your head because it’s likely been ‘coolant starved’ at prolonged high RPM and please don’t bother swapping race season is nearly over were in late august now just pull the suspect motor, rear it down, rebuild it for next season is my best advice…

1 - 6 of 6 Posts