A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,469 Posts
Yeah, I got the updated Phaser three years ago... Maybe four now that i think about it.
That sounds about right... saw it on 2j's,I wanna say before I left Hawaii or he told me about when I stop by there after I came back from Hawaii.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I’ve never heard of this phaser update? Right now would be a good time to share any info you have on that 🤘 🙏

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
kaze.... I’ve spoke to 2j before about the phaser but they just said they get it from the dealer, they never said anything about a new improved model of the phaser, do you have any pics or links to this new phaser?

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Yeah, Nissan updated the phaser because there were malfunctions in the original design. I think there might have even been a class action lawsuit at some point, but most of us were exempt due to being out of the date range (this was for altimas mostly, and I think they assumed all older models were past milage). It is recommended to change out with the newer model when doing timing components.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I appreciate everyone’s input.. I’ll definitely make the best of it. I hope I was able to give you guys new ideas about the chain tensioner method. I did post two links on that modification last week, I just don’t see them now🤔...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
triton>.. if I order a new oem phaser directly from the dealer in my area, will I GET one of the improved phaser for my 03” QR25DE? Did they replace the old design with this new one or..... are we talking about the QR25DE after 06 when they bumped everything up? Because that phaser will not fit to the 02-06 motor will it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I FOUND WHAT WAS WRONG WITH THE OLD OEM PHASER, it’s the small gouge next to the locking pin’s slot. It causes the pin to come to a complete stop and the phaser is unable to lock! ALSO... I know why the NEW aftermarket phaser went bad so early after installation!!! On the outside of the aftermarket phaser, there is no visible sign of the INCERT for the locking pin’s hole
(Because the hole is made of harder naterial)
So that it won’t ware out bcs of the amount of stress it takes to hold that pin in place..., I’m guessing the bogus phaser has just a regular drilled hole on regular steel and it’s already become gouged and scored because my aftermarket phaser won’t even lock if I turn the crank by hand. I found this out on another post on here.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts