A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

181 - 200 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
currently active duty air force. f-15e strike eagle crew chief in the 335th stationed at seymour johnson AFB, goldsboro, nc

·
Registered
528 Posts
Going Navy here soon. Already sworn in but awaiting my new contract because I got approved to go into the Nuke program. Going to be in the Charleston, SC area for at least 18 months for schooling after Basic.

Reactions: The Mad Hungarian

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Going Navy here soon. Already sworn in but awaiting my new contract because I got approved to go into the Nuke program. Going to be in the Charleston, SC area for at least 18 months for schooling after Basic.
Good luck shipmate. Boot camp is easy, also don't sign on for any extra years! If you're a good nuke that SRB will be out the ass.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yeah I will see where it takes me. From what I read, being a nuke is like the most pristine job you can get in the Navy and they take care of the Nukes because they want to keep them around. I guess I will see how I feel about it when I get to that point lol

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Navy
Sept 2012 - present
RTC Great Lakes for boot,now in NAS Pensacola for A school in Avation electronics technician
Oh shit son you a tron!! Let me know what platform you get!!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Yeah I will see where it takes me. From what I read, being a nuke is like the most pristine job you can get in the Navy and they take care of the Nukes because they want to keep them around. I guess I will see how I feel about it when I get to that point lol
You get made fun of alot in the navy for being one but oh well!! You advance quick get payed good and what not so have fun buddy. Just know the navy is full of immature kids and is ran by dumbasses

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
as a nuke youd be set for career. the navy takes care of the nukes very well. but you will be made fun of constantly. freaking nukes...lol jk. and the whole 1.5 time quote is bs. you have to hold to class up and youll also have prep schools for your prep school while you get ready to go to school. the whole nuke pipeline from start to finish should take you about 2.5 years. but youll come out damn near e5 and with your pockets loaded. you best know how to study. it will be your life. boot camp is a joke. and its getting even easir. it should be 13 weeks now after adding in rifle quals and hand 2 hand training that weve been hearing about. plus we hear rumors about you being able to keep your phones in the compartment for sunday routine and mando phone calls every week. lucky phucks. i got 2 the whole time. on top of that, theyre limiting IT sessions more. bye bye 10 counts and flutter kicks.

Oh shit son you a tron!! Let me know what platform you get!!
im hoping for vfa106 out of oceana. i havent even started ATT yet and ive been down here for 4 months now :( should class up next week tho

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
when you go, remember, boot is just a mind game. they fuck with you alot but i promise you that your division is doing alot better than you guys think you are. the whole time my div though we were friggin failures and couldnt do anything right, just to fing out that we were actually one of our RDC's best divs he had ever had out of 10 divs. we got the capts cup. every damn flag and pennent possible. hall of fame and cno blue. so remember. its just a game. AND HAULT!!! good morning petty officer

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Army active, 11B, stationed at Fort wainwright for 2 years and ft lewis for 2 years.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Hey, my brothers a marine stationed at camp pendelton

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Fort irwin is a hell hole, haha

·
Registered
214 Posts
Middle of the dessert yes. Idk bout hell hole though. I mean I can take my family on a 2-3 hr drive and be at seaworld, disneyland, the beach, or legoland. Or if the wife and I want a fun weekend to ourselves drive 2 hrs to vegas. But I wouldn't want to spend more then maybe 3 yrs here. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. A lot of people here tell me I don't hate irwin yet cause I haven't been here long enough. I guess I'll see how I feel bout it in a couple more years.

181 - 200 of 226 Posts