A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Recovering BDSO
20 Posts
Recently installed super pro panhard, trailing arm bushings and RSB. What a world of difference, the ass just sits and does as its told through corners. Decided I'd pull the super pro bushings off of an old set of LCA's and retrofit the front, cant wait to have the front tightened up!

·
Registered
Recovering BDSO
20 Posts
I’ve had the rear bushing sitting in a drawer the past half year, I just got around to watching a video tutorial for the trailing arm bushings. Are the panhard and RSB bushings about the same difficulty and process?
I just ordered 2JR’s lowering springs with the KYB struts so I may as well do a suspension refresh everywhere else when I get around to it.
The trailing arms are cake its the pan hard thats a PITA. You will have to drop the entire beam axle to install the pan hard, there are no shortcuts here. But once its out and you have the later link and control rod in hand you can at least take them somewhere for the removal and install. I would HIGHLY recommend finding a shop to do this for you. If you are trying to do this as a home gamer and this is your daily driver, just remember, once you start burning out bushings you are committed. Set aside an entire saturday or sunday for this in case of unexpected snags.

I didnt find much in the way of instructional video pertaining to the pan hard kit to know what I was up against and ended up mackivering a tool-less solution for the bushing installation. I broke out my gopro and got some footage of whats involved with the removal and installation. Ive yet to cut any video together but considering theres not much in the way of walk throughs your post has me motivated to cut something together finally.

Im happy to answer any questions you have. I'll link the video once I get around to cutting and uploading.

·
Registered
Recovering BDSO
20 Posts
Damn, I’m glad I asked now. I plan on doing all the work myself, and mine isn’t a daily driver so it’s not going to be a rush. I’m still not sure when I’m going to get around to this but now I know I should try to get a game plan before diving into it.
Definitly take the time to make a plan of attack, its not just the bushing installation that can be difficult. I kinda had to fight with re-installation of the beam axle. You are going to have to align two fixed bolts on the beam with the lateral link and control rod at the same time. I had my beam balanced on a floor jack, its going to want to cant over to one side as you try to make the holes align. Its definitely doable as a one man band but for the love of your fingers and appendages try to have some cribbing in place.

You plan on doing the bushing installation at home as well?

·
Registered
Recovering BDSO
20 Posts
Any advice on this POS on the panhard rod would be greatly appreciated.
My original plan was to hacksaw through the bushing shell by threading the blade through the hole first and back onto the saw frame. While this might have worked I ended up using my dremel to cut an X pattern. Obviously you cant cut straight across so youll have to make diagonal sweeps across the bore from both sides. Was tedious work but as soon as there is a single continuous cut the bushing can be tapped out with a flat head.

·
Registered
Recovering BDSO
20 Posts
List of mods I’ve been mixing up since I started working on it this year:

KYB shocks w/ 2JR lowering springs
Im curious how this spring and damper combo rides. Ive been running koni yellows with Eibach Sportlines for years and while the ride is nice and tight I donk know if want to go with the same when its time to refresh. Specs for comparison on the springs are 200F/333R with a 1.6" drop all around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts