A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28061 - 28080 of 28088 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went outside looked at the sad corroded hulk of a base I was shafted in to buying cried a single salty man tear for my foolish mistake then went back inside to continue my search for a more decent base. Hopefully the dealers won't realize how rare a 2006 SER-V has gotten before I find one.

·
Super Moderator
5,147 Posts
When you forget that you can do over 100+ in 4th gear with you current redline and you're still waiting to do the maxima final drive.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Changed the plus on the Altima. Used oem iridium platinum that I got for 40 bucks at pepboys bf sale.

The spark plugs socket for these plugs is way smaller than the spec. Kinda of a pain to find one that fit. AutoZone didn't have it, luckily O'Reilly did.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Getting my rear beam bent Monday!!

Spoke to Chris at West End Alignment and he set me up. He was a bit surprised to receive the request. Mentioned it's been a long time and had to double check he had the right equipment. But obviously he did!

Will report back how it goes.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I'm not sure. But this is one of two shops Mike Kojima trusts and has mentioned in his previous interviews.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
That's clean! I used to do the double mat before lol.

I haven't bought a set of Nismo mats. I probably should before they sell out. I'm still rocking my oem all weather ones.

·
Registered
11,560 Posts
They are supposed to,I am trying to learn contorting my ankles so I can practice it. Got a lot of grip on the dead, clutch and brake pedals.
Sick pedals man!

Just put the ball of your foot on the upper right corner of the brake pedal and heal toes are easy...

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,147 Posts
I've practiced that, it's the actual application of it while moving with the proper foot wear. I wear boots 5 days a week with no flex or minimal foot ware as flip flops or other things.

·
Registered
11,560 Posts
I've practiced that, it's the actual application of it while moving with the proper foot wear. I wear boots 5 days a week with no flex or minimal foot ware as flip flops or other things.
You definitely cant practice it properly unless you are moving. And boots, no way! Hahaha It also depends on what size your foot is as well. I wear a size 10 and primarily wear skate style shoes (prefer vans) and it's pretty easy.
Still digging the pedals though...
Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Its done! Just wanted to say that Darrin, the owner and creator of the business & beam bending jig, is an amazingly knowledge and professional individual. He walked me through everything and set up the car as I asked.

I have not had a chance to properly test it yet, I will soon after I hit my local mountain road. But first impressions: the car feels very stable, and planted. It goes where I point it without any hesitation, crisp turn in, and the rear end just follows the line perfectly.

I learned that he came up with this procedure by request of Mr. Mike Kojima. He had done it to his b14 racecar, and he Mike wanted others to get in on the action. Consequently, he came up with a jig to properly bend or as he said more correctly said, STRAIGHTEN the beam to zero toe. This was circa 2002. He couldn't recall the last Sentra beam job he did.

If you live anywhere near the LA area, and love to corner, do yourself a favor and go see West End Alignment.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Ahhh! Triple post, damn site.

Maybe I should make a thread on this post? Seems worth enough. Will post alignment specs too and full impressions.

28061 - 28080 of 28088 Posts