A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28121 - 28140 of 28195 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well not today but over the weekend ive been pulling the motor and trans out of my specV parts car so i can put it the daily. Unfortunately she got a rod knock

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
depending on weather this weekend, gonna sand down my oxidized hood and roof and primer it. sick of having to look at the oxidized patches. Clear coat is just fading and flaking off, the black coat is just grey/light colored and ew.

got new donut gaskets for my header to midpipe, got me a pipe expander for the donuts so i won't struggle or have to methodically tap it in to fit on the medusa. looking into getting fender flares and maybe cut/roll (yes i have fender roller tool) and slap back on the 15mm wheel spacers and/or get larger offset wheels and order the test/mid pipe from 2J-Racing.

Looking to get rid of the SRS muffled test/mid pipe, i want the 2J-Racing test/mid pipe (non-muffled). Hopefully i'd find a buyer for my Megan header back with SRS test/mid pipe and OBX header (full header back exhaust).

Also moved my Transformers that are unopened/don't want to display/ have no more room in my room into storage unit XD gonna need a bigger unit because i have more to put in, and Figmas, and Car Parts, and RC stuff, and Blurays, and computer cases and components, and scrap copper XD. Hopefully they have a unit that is big enough that it is conditioned.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Fantastic collection and only part of it.
There will be more to add when the next movie comes out

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Ordered 2J-Racing Test/Mid Pipe and Rad supports.

Putting old Megan Cat Back Exhaust in storage until i get it sold. Still gotta take pics for selling.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There used to be one of these threads on QG18 that lasted super long, and I think one would be great here, for those who want to update us on their projects without starting a brand new thread every time they do something to their B15. Basically, just post what you did (if anything) to your Sentra/SER/Spec V today, it can be as minor as a wash or oil change to something as big as a motor swap! Pics are great too!

I guess I'll start:

Today I blacked out my front calipers and back drums, lubed up the pads to prevent squealing, cleaned out my trunk and gutted most of what was in there except for the spare, made a "Home Depot Lip" out of garage door bottom, Rain X'd my front windshield, and painted over some rust on my rear fenders. I also blacked out my front grille, and changed my headlight bulbs (GE nighthawks were a big dissapointment; they lasted a little over a year!) Still waiting on my rims from the powder coat shop.

What about you guys?!
My exhaust broke off today from the cat...so i took the resonator out put a straight pipe welded it in and put an exhaust on the back that's what I did today have a 2010 SL if anyone has aftermarket parts for please reply reply to me

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My exhaust broke off today from the cat...so i took the resonator out put a straight pipe welded it in and put an exhaust on the back that's what I did today have a 2010 SL if anyone has aftermarket parts for please reply reply to me
same thing happened to my dads car 2.0l and seems to be a known issue with the b16's with 2.0l, unsure about 2.5l though, the exhaust fell apart after the cat where the catback connects, the weld points rusted and failed. If it broke at the flat flange, all you'll need is this: Amazon.com: 2" inch Exhaust Flange Flat Oval Split Repair Replacement Khaos Motorsports: Automotive don't know if the same part will work for 2.5l.

If you looking for aftermarket, stick with 2J-Racing, SR-S, SC Concepts and maybe Megan.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Installed test pipe, I think 2J needs to calibrate their welding template rig and mandrel bender. crush gasket doesn't make a complete seal. and the insulator that keeps the pipe from falling off is hella tight, it's off by a good 1 maybe 2 centimeters. gonna take pics and see if I can readjust it, that or i'll use some exhaust wrap and have it fill the gap from the crush gasket.

It's not a big deal but this means imma have to wiggle around under the car again :(

Exhaust sounds wicked awesome though. Having a full 2J-R Medusa exhaust is fucking tits. I wish I hadn't wasted my money on the Megan and SRS setup I had installed years ago before. It was the boomiest fucking set-up ever. I felt really bad for my neighbors and was ashamed driving around with the Megan cat back.

Also I think my wideband sensor just went bad shows 21 at idle and 14-16 when accelerating. Fucking sucks, I think using the impact with the oxygen sensor shoe may have done it. :(

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Watch on computer with good computer speakers with a subwoofer to hear the full range. Mobile does not do any justice.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Impact with an O2!? :eek:

I have also gotten an odd shaped midpipe from 2j that was alittle bit too long. Ended up having to cut the flange off and reweld another one on.

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Madusa v2 install was a success. Did the valve cover too. The header sounds smoother but only barely. Powerband is indeed different but need to drive it more. Still like to check underhood temps when using a coated header.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,995 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
anyone here know if the triple camber bolts that 2J sell fit in the rears? I would imagine they would, there should be no reason Nissan would use a different diameter unless it's because of the torsion bar. Haven't look at my rear suspension in a year+ so have no idea what to get into if i want neg camber.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
I was just looking at this. Its a solid rear so you have to bend the alignment in. There are no frame shops anymore but Ill have to ask my body shop if they can do it.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

55w left, 35w right. Swapped out the 35w HID ballasts for highbeams with the 55w Ballasts but i need to lower the beam level a bit. Holy shit the difference in brightness is insane. Need to use dual lock to fasten because when i torqued the 1/4" head screw, the fucking mounting hole on the ballast snapped. just gonna use what I have at work, wipe the ballast and area I want to mount with denatured alcohol and slap that bitch on.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
gonna slap back on the old alt because noone can replicate a factory alt thus i get a battery and brake light on the dash. if the brake light doeasn't go away then i know my parking light brake switch is fouled and need to be replace.

Gonna rotate wheels back to front

Today pooled more penetrant on the head snapped rad support screws (all 4) and gonna attempt to extract them tomorrow.

Ordered 04-06 Mass Air Flow Sensor male pigtail so i can use 04-06 Mass Air Flow Sensors to increase reliability and longevity but i will need to reconnect my Apexi SAFC Neo 2 to the ECU Harness and two two other wires on ignition to allow it to idle properly... ...at 950rpm...

Sentra Lyf

28121 - 28140 of 28195 Posts