A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28161 - 28180 of 28194 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Hey bro, you rebuilding because you have to or are you trying to freshen up the engine to go turbo?
Both, really. Brother said headgasket may have been going, plus going turbo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I do not have any head bolts. My buddy needed some arp for a race he was running a few weeks ago and i sold him my set (I can get more at cost). Just haven't replaced em yet.
Sucks, I try to keep extra bolts laying around, plus have another engine or 2 laying around lol

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
mmmm engine guts.

·
Registered
8,848 Posts
Been a while. But motor built for boost got a knock back in January. So finally I finished my Na motor build and installed it. Sounds amazing off the header but cant drive around like that as much as I'd like too lol.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
Did you drill into the block for the oil return or the upper oil pan?

The shit looks nice Kaz. Hope the clutch is an easy fix.

Edit: Oh I see Mirrortints. Thats a daring location. Tap it and clean all metal out. Hope it goes well!

·
Registered
8,848 Posts

It's not the clutch it has to be in the tune. I know of another person that had a similar issue

·
Registered
3,043 Posts

Edit: Oh I see Mirrortints. Thats a daring location. Tap it and clean all metal out. Hope it goes well!
It's the stock oul return location, but on det blocks, not US blocks. Going to the machine shop next.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
So just a few hours ago my car looked like what you see in the pictures. Really really bad, lots of clear missing. The hood was plastic dipped and flaking off, most of the damn paint was in really bad shape. After I was done with work I got to sanding on my new baby. I only got as far as primer but I used some Sherwin Williams P30A spectraprime. After pics coming soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
So just a few hours ago my car looked like what you see in the pictures. Really really bad, lots of clear missing. The hood was plastic dipped and flaking off, most of the damn paint was in really bad shape. After I was done with work I got to sanding on my new baby. I only got as far as primer but I used some Sherwin Williams P30A spectraprime. After pics coming soon.
After many 80 and 180 grit sanding pads and a few light repairs I this is what it looked like before I got to priming. I know my pictures aren't the best angles but I was tired as hell and ready to get the hell on.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
After many 80 and 180 grit sanding pads and a few light repairs I this is what it looked like before I got to priming. I know my pictures aren't the best angles but I was tired as hell and ready to get the hell on.
And finally a few finished pics. I'm gonna replace both fenders and both front, and rear bumper. I didn't bother with trying to repair them when I can buy them for $37.99 each fender at the junkyard.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Been a while. But motor built for boost got a knock back in January. So finally I finished my Na motor build and installed it. Sounds amazing off the header but cant drive around like that as much as I'd like too lol.

Man that looks super clean. I wish my engine bay was that shiny

·
Registered
31 Posts
28161 - 28180 of 28194 Posts