28241 - 28260 of 28324 Posts

·
Registered
8,898 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V
122 Posts
Guys I found what looks like an ebay header on a junkyard Se-r... Would you guys bother swapping it out or should I stick to my gutted stock manifold?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I really suck at taking pictures but I swapped out my annoying loud muffler, someone just welded a muffler on my exhaust and it just sounded loud and annoying. Swapped with a stock muffler from an Se-r and its so much better.
Is that a sr20? Engine ooo nice it’s auto😕 or looks it. But that old exhaust pipe with that muffler look to be a much better piece but sounds like you need a welder. I’d love to help you with it, you in the Austin, Tx area?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anything aftermarket is better in terms of lightweight efficiency and flow. If it leaks find a welder an a 10year sure fire welder! Not someone who’s trying it out or practicing. I am just a hobbyist at it for now but I have a talent for it. Trust me you don’t want to have someone “try” to fix it a true welder will look at you look at the manifold in confusion wondering if you’re stupid or just desperate, then proceed to fixing it up and 5-10 mins later be done. IMO the bullcrap with a AFTERMARKET exhaust system in itself it all depended upon a welder or parts picked. I have 2.5in from header to muffler but I have a Alexis World Series 2 rally exhaust. So ya my catalytic converters are gone and no codes yet but my turbo install will determine if it’ll SES out on me. Still have to wire SAFC 2

·
Registered
30 Posts
i got or had the 2006 1.8S but I converted it into a spec V SER 03 found the parts at the wrench'a'part place here in Austin,TX. then I fabbed up the Ex-exit portion on my header to turbo an I made a oops when lookin at turbos so the spool timing will be fun but I think I got everything done A ight, yee yee

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V
122 Posts
@cjmyc2 so after some thinking I decided I'm gonna put my old exhaust tip back on, the one I got from the yard has a bad exhaust leak and I sound like a Honda going down the street. Im gonna slap that ebay header on too since it only cost $30. I figure if it does crack or fail down the road I'll still have the stock one. Who knows maybe it'll even add some horsepower

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
What's the orange and black car hiding on the other side?

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

28241 - 28260 of 28324 Posts