A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28281 - 28300 of 28324 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V
122 Posts
Started prepping the majority of the car for paint. After a week or so of pulling out some dents and finish filling a few panels I got all the primer sanded down and im happy with the results. The front end is soon to come as soon as I get more paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Hell yeah man. One thing I never learned was body work.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Speaking of turbo kit, started test fitting the oem sr20 manifold and turbo.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Careful with that harbor freight jack stand man. Hopefully it's not 1 of the ones on recall for dropping. 4 of my 6 were part of the recall

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Harbor Freight anything is a giant no smoking sign imo.

·
Registered
8,898 Posts
Harbor Freight anything is a giant no smoking sign imo.
Your also a mechanic for a living. Harbor freight is more for the DIY guys and ppl that dont have big bucks. We all cant afford over priced snap on shit

·
Registered
8,898 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just a small t25 turbo. Trying for a reliable daily driver.

I think t25 is good to start. Fast spool for that quick surge of power. I had a 97 gsx and I kept my t25 and pushed it up to like 18lbs and man it started spooling wide open like at 2.3k rpms. I think that's a good choice bro

·
Registered
3,072 Posts
Your also a mechanic for a living. Harbor freight is more for the DIY guys and ppl that dont have big bucks. We all cant afford over priced snap on shit

Truth! Although I do have the snap on snap ring tool, and buddy who installed the pistons, rings, and crank has a cool snapon torque wrench with angle guide. I need that!

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I dont think any of my tools are Snap-On except for my 1/2 electric impact, that was by the way a massive regret. Too overpriced indeed. $400+ for a set of 8 screwdrivers and I dont even get the tip of my penis fondled with? The last shop I was at got a Modis scanner for literally $10k, with incorrect data and cant do half the shit an Autel can for $1500. No thanks. I just mean there are better options. Alot of tools I have gotten from HF in the past failed on the first use. Just too cheaply made when reliability is needed. Its always more expensive to rebuy tools. Craftsman or Husky, even Gearwrench are better choices and still affordable. Just in my experience.

The t25 has great range for that motor. Should be exactly what you expect and then some. Good luck maybe we can race down 95 lol.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Got myself a Mishimoto radiator and made a visit to SC Concepts and got a much needed alternator heat shield along with some other little things. Also finally got a steering rack because its puking fluid, but gives me a good excuse to change alot of other stuff at the same time.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
was driving my dad's base 2010 2.0l sentra to work and the alt died stranding me on the road. Had hazards on for 15 minutes and the hazards stopped working, running the hazards alone was enough to drain the batt within about 15 minutes while I was on the side of a local road.

Back at home, threw the battery on charger after cleaning the fuck out of the terminals and connectors because they were caked with blue corrosion, it literally charged in 30 minutes when it was completely drained so i knew for a fact that the batt also went bad (bat was like 10 years old so it needed to be replaced anyways) coated the batt terminals and connectors with dielectric grease and sprayed anti corrosion on anything metal after i tightened the connectors to the terminals.

Car starts and if I remove ground engine dies. Ordered and picking up a third party alt w/ 25% off online only order at pboys tomorrow w/ core swap and install.

also stupid front splash guard fell on passenger side so gonna have to add a washer and gonna rivet the back end so I won't have to deal with it ever again. That, or i'll just remove the front splash guard all together.

·
Registered
122 Posts
was driving my dad's base 2010 2.0l sentra to work and the alt died stranding me on the road. had hazards on and the hazards stopped working, just the hazards alone was enough to drain the batt within about 15 minutes while i was on the side of a local road.

Back at home, threw the battery on charger after cleaning the fuck out of the terminals and connectors because they were caked with blue corrosion, it literally charged in 30 minutes so i knew for a fact that the batt also went bad (bat was like 10 years old so it needed to be replaced anyways). Got new batt and gonna pick up a third party alt w/ 25% off online order only at pboys tomorrow w/ core swap and install.

also stupid front splash guard fell on passenger side so gonna have to add a washer and gonna rivet the back end so I won't have to deal with it ever again.
Nothing like being stranded on the side of the road because of an alternator! My dad was visiting me from Florida a few months back in a g35 sedan he bought for the low. Alternator died on our way back from Atlanta and sure enough he tried to fix it in the morning and ended up busting a hole through the radiator. He left that same day and I ended up having to be the one to replace the alternator a radiator and a drive belt because he was too impatient. Good luck to you and hopefully you get that thing back on the road asap

28281 - 28300 of 28324 Posts