A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

28301 - 28320 of 28348 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Nothing like being stranded on the side of the road because of an alternator! My dad was visiting me from Florida a few months back in a g35 sedan he bought for the low. Alternator died on our way back from Atlanta and sure enough he tried to fix it in the morning and ended up busting a hole through the radiator. He left that same day and I ended up having to be the one to replace the alternator a radiator and a drive belt because he was too impatient. Good luck to you and hopefully you get that thing back on the road asap
I was on the side of the road for only 25 minutes because luckily there was a tow company a few miles away. I was able to crawl the car when it was unable to accelerate anymore into a local neighborhood. Had my sister pick me up to get back home and tipped the tow guy 20 bucks. If I were to be stranded again in the future i hope to stranded in the same town XD

Reactions: Alex07kc

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
replaced alt and battery charges like it should.

The job took me 3-4 hours which should have been a 30 minute job. Alternator bracket on my dad's 2010 2.0l was causing the threads to bind (bad cast or stamp who knows, but when I finally got the bolt out enough to remove the alt it looked like someone used sandpaper on the threads; the threads weren't even sharp but are still able to grab and torque). I had to unthread with extreme force and then back in an out to loosen, because of that what was why it took so long.

I would make 1 revolution and spray penetrant with extreme prejudice (wasted about 1/4-half a can) wait about 5 minutes then go another revolution and rotate the bolt back and forth and again spraying penetrant. Repeated about 50 times until i was finally able to use a ratcheting metric wrench that helped me stop losing my mind. Everytime I heard the bolt make a crack or snap noise I hoped to god the bolt didn't shear. Took a drill bit to the bracket with an air angle with adapter and opened up the bottom where the bottom bolt goes into. I saw shavings of metal, jesus mother fucking christ...

Tossed the old bad alt in a bag for core return and shot to pboys and picked-up my online ordered alt and also got a new serpentine belt (factory one had cracks so might as well get a new one) . Shot back home and bolted up the alt with a heap load of antiseize and reinstalled new alt and belt in 15 minutes.

So how was everyone else's Memorial Day? XD

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Lol Im glad you had fun. Sometimes I think that grit on the opposite side of the bolt where the threads are exposed gets caught up in there when backing out. I hate when that happens and it can become very risky very quick. I imagine the act of returning is you throwing the alt through the window agrily at Pboys.

I recently got a good thread tap and die kit for this and it has saved a me a few times already. Its amazing how untouched bolts from the factory come out fucked. The side bolt on my belt tensioner broke inside the block because of this. Im scared to extract and tap that..

Ive been looking at gauges. I got a really good condition Sharkey gauge pod a while ago and Im looking to fill that in! Need gauges. Think Im going anolog style. Also need a bunch of small misc like fittings and hoses, plumbing and orientation. The hard part if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I guess Germany is opening up, they released my package from a batch at DHL from when I ordered the new after market gears and pinion for my sunroof 2 months ago . The tracking number says it's finally in the US.

Germany went on full lockdown and refused to send any packages other than letters and envelopes. Package is in Georgia so i'll get it either this week or next week.

They increased the price like that because they wanted to keep their listings instead of having to relist all over again for hundreds of items.They did this for almost all of their items because Germany was on total lockdown.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V
130 Posts
Wow I looked this up because my sunroof has about 3 inches it moves and that's all she wrote, but after seeing the listing at like 2k+ 1k shipping???? I must be hallucinating....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Read two posts up bruh...
My favorite kind of replies ever!!!!!! Even if I did read the post, which obviously I had to since I replied to it...... What difference would it have made? Its not like I've ordered one or will be ordering one. Just a bit unnecessary if you ask me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey what’s up... hmm what did I do, I’m about to modify my cam phaser gear on my QR25DE so that it will not pivot back n forth from advanced to retard during startup. It’s called phaser knock... I did make a post about it just now and I hope to get positive feedback. There’s so many suggestions to the startup noise but you’ve got to read my post to understand better and not talk too much about it on here but that’s where I’m at with this turbo build.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Yeah, I went to order one. and saw the price and was taken aback.

As per your response, yes, alot of people come on here and don't read posts and just click links.

Alot of people also miss simple information, (I do all the time) and the way you phrased your post, it seemed like you did.

I wasn't telling you to scroll up to be a dick, just point out information you may have missed, due to not hearing the inflection you typed into your (obvious) post.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah, I went to order one. and saw the price and was taken aback.

As per your response, yes, alot of people come on here and don't read posts and just click links.

Alot of people also miss simple information, (I do all the time) and the way you phrased your post, it seemed like you did.

I wasn't telling you to scroll up to be a dick, just point out information you may have missed, due to not hearing the inflection you typed into your (obvious) post.
Honestly I was already in a bad mood and I should've just let it go. No harm no foul dude, sorry for being a dick on my end.

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Imagine group hug emoji

We are all Sentra guys here. We help each other!

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
dear god where is this thread going? XD

anyways, an update. The gears touched down on American soil in Macon, Georgia. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
5,040 Posts

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
I had a good day today. Replaced the steering rack, high pressure hose, and hammered out the old swollen and super hard Delrin engine mounts for Poly's. That made a wonderful difference. Replaced the crossmember bolts and new 2j bushings

Still have to rewrap the wheels with rubber and alignment. Repaint wheels too. I did an eyelinment and got it pretty perfect so I will see how close it actually is.

Still need to do clutch line and bleed, rear brake lines and flush fluid, power steering pulley and belt. That might have to wait tho.. dam.

28301 - 28320 of 28348 Posts